• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hawks Optics Frontier 30 SF FFP

Any information or reviews on the Hawke Optics Frontier 30 SF FFP?

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/frontier-30-sf-ffp-riflescopes.html

This looks very interesting based on specifications of length and weight, but what about quality of the glass? What are the Top 5 compact scope packages out there? I’ll start by stating that the Kahles K318i is probably the “BEST” along with the Schmidt and Bender Ultrashort, but probably not economical for Airguns. Seems like some of the guys are liking Nightforce, but what would be the next best compact/ultrashort and lightweight package with premium/high-end glass?

If its anything like the SFP Frontier scopes, its very good glass. Oh, and FYI, Nightforce scopes are not compact/ultrashort and lightweight ;) Even their low end scope (SHV) is 30 ounces, and their ATAC-R like Matt Dubber uses is over 2 pounds at 40 ounces (and $3500)... Neither would I call lightweight or compact... The best I've seen that is actually lightweight is the Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42 at 16.5 ounces. I also think Leupold makes some small and lightweight scopes, but I've never owned one...

If its anything like the SFP Frontier scopes, its very good glass. Oh, and FYI, Nightforce scopes are not compact/ultrashort and lightweight ;) Even their low end scope (SHV) is 30 ounces, and their ATAC-R like Matt Dubber uses is over 2 pounds at 40 ounces (and $3500)... Neither would I call lightweight or compact... The best I've seen that is actually lightweight is the Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42 at 16.5 ounces. I also think Leupold makes some small and lightweight scopes, but I've never owned one...

Yes...aware that the Nighforce scopes run large...but they are good/great quality scope for their intended application. The other issue that one can run into is with parallax adjustment when shooting 20yds -50 yds. The other issue can also be the adjustability of turret elevation when trying to dial long range shots depending on your zero. Tract Optics make a really nice scope with Scott Glass, however their elevation adjustment is limited compared to other scopes for airgun application. The Trijicon Accu-Power is a really nice package but on the big & fat end of the spectrum as are the Sig-Sauer Tango 6.

How is the optical quality of the Frontier 30 compared to Sightron Siii?

I compared a sightron stac side by side with the frontier and thought they were of similar quality. I prefer the recticle on the Hawke and the turrets of the sightron. I think as centercut says the vortex have some great options at reasonable price points. I'm afraid the SHV is trading on the reputation of the NF name although the recticle is great.