• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hawke Warranty

I recently bought a used Hawke Sidewinder 30 scope that had been used for field target by the seller. I think( not having a new one to compare) that the clicking mechanism is worn, the barely audible clicks feel soft, not crisp. Still love the scope in comparison to my other less $ scopes. I contacted Hawke regarding acquiring new rebuild pieces for the turrets. Reply was that pre 2015 scopes ( screw in scope caps) have lifetime transferable warranty and I can send it in for repair. I have read where other users have been given new scopes in return for their old scope. If a user is given a new scope does it have only a limited or timed warranty? I'm thinking it may be in their best interest to replace all lifetime warranted scopes and it may be in my best interest to retain the lifetime warranty for the future. Any thoughts or experience?

On my second-hand Sidewinder the warranty note told that the warranty is only for the original owner. But I think in all over EU, the regulations have made this illegal.
My scope their repair partner was ready to fix without receipts.

But to the matter, if you have bought a product with a set warranty, it remains as that even if you are given new item.
The warranty is linked to the original purchase occasion, not the item.