• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan's new factory regulator

Hatsan regulator

The new factory regulator is apparently set for 125 BAR.

What would that relate to in pellet velocity/number of useful shots.

One would think that is one thing they would have tested with several weight of pellets (velocity) and number of shots with various regulator BAR settings.

Yet another example of manufacturer being remiss on information that may well sell their new product.

I guess I am expecting good customer service in an age of . . .

Huh? Good customer service? What does this new regulator have to do with Customer Service.

The "pellet speed/number of shots" will depend on a lot more then regulator pressure, besides the regulator is very easily set to a different pressure.......once you see what "pellet speed/number of shots" you get on your initial strings. Each gun is slightly different and as such each owner would be doing their own "fine tuning" with the pellets their gun likes.

Features: 
  • PCP Air Regulator
  • Full-metal aluminum and bronze construction
  • Designed and manufactured by Hatsan
  • Adjustable output pressure (factory set at 125 BAR)
  • Straightforward, drop-in upgrade

I'm very much waiting on this and a few reports.. I want to shoot heavies and a fair number of shots.

Since I started getting parts and stuff for my 22 cal Career's and bought a Sumatra 25 cal .... I have gotten power and shot count hungry.

My Sumatra is doing well and it is a monster of a gun. I will need to work on my Careers in the next few weeks.

wll2506

"wll"I'm very much waiting on this and a few reports.. I want to shoot heavies and a fair number of shots.

Since I started getting parts and stuff for my 22 cal Career's and bought a Sumatra 25 cal .... I have gotten power and shot count hungry.

My Sumatra is doing well and it is a monster of a gun. I will need to work on my Careers in the next few weeks.

wll2506
There is actually a regulator made for Career 707s by the A-Team. They are no longer made though. There was a time when Careers were a top choice for field target because of the large air cylinders and accuracy. I bought one (reg) for my Sumatra but discovered it will only fit the 380cc version Sumatra. Since I was getting it for my 500cc 25 cal I have not decided what to do with it yet.

"Dan25"It seems Hatsan is on the ball with new guns and innovatons like the Nova etc. and now with factory regulators. The other manufacturers had better step it up or get left in the dust.
I'm very impressed with Hatsan guns and have quite a few ... all are absolute powerhouses for there size and intended use. I must take my QE 44s long out for a spin next week, at least to get her sighted in !

wll2506

I own an almost 2 year old Hatsan AT44-10 Long QE. It doesn't have a regulator, or any other fancy mods, except I replaced the plastic stick to a more naturally looking wood one. If you fill it to 2,900 PSI, the shot to shot variance is under 20 FPS down to about 1,800 PSI. While I am sure a regulator would close up the gap a bit, the difference hasn't caused me any issues with shots under 45 yards on pigeons. If you want or need something better, perhaps the regulated version will suffice, but I doubt it. 

A regulator is not going to give you more shots... this is one misconception, Why ppl use a regulator is to get the ES down to single digits for more shot to shot consistency which in turn produce better groups in the long and short range. No matter what you use it will always take a certain amount of air to send a pellet to a desired fps...no free lunch.
A regulator can make good use of the air, if you want a lot of shots you will have to reduce the bar setting which in turn lowers you fps, less air = less fps...no free lunch. A regulator will also allow you to fill a tad bit higher without having valve lock because the valve will only see the regulated pressure. Example My AT444 short if im shooting rats and do not need much power a 120bar setting will be fine, if I am hunting I will get less shots because the regulator will be set at 150 and I only have from 200bar to 150bar before it falls off reg. To calculate how many shots you will get it depends on your guns efficiency not the regulator. The regulator just sweetens the deal. So say non regulated your rifle is shooting 870fps so you buy the regulator thats set @ 125bar guess what.. now your rifle is shoot 820fps more shots because of less air being used per shot, So now your not happy because you want more shots at the same power, again no free lunch. Only a well tuned rifle can make use of the efficiency of the air being used. A tuned rifle with produce a higher fps with a well balanced hammer strike and polished and ported in a way that the air flows smooth and efficiently. Hope this helps.

"Bwalton"A regulator is not going to give you more shots... this is one misconception, Why ppl use a regulator is to get the ES down to single digits for more shot to shot consistency which in turn produce better groups in the long and short range. No matter what you use it will always take a certain amount of air to send a pellet to a desired fps...no free lunch.

But a regulator will (in most all cases except max power) give you more shots w/i a smaller ES percentage, so basically more "usable" shots, depending on your range. (Long ranges need less ES)

If you fill the gun to 200bar and the regulator is set at like 100bar you may get 70 shots and the velocity of those shots will be w/i 1-2% so your range as an example would be 800-810fps.
If you take the same unregulated gun and fill it to 200bar and shoot it to 100 bar your shot string might be from 800 up to 850 and back to 800 for 70 shots. Of those 70 shots you might only have 25 w/i that 800-810 range.

This difference gets greater as the difference between the fill pressure and the regulated pressure increases.

Good move by hastan , most folks like regulators except for maybe hog and larger hunting airguns just don't need MASSIVE power. 
Now I have NOT owned a hatsan but it seems many like them and esp. folks who tinker, but, ( and I do know you hear more from folks with problems that people who's rigs work great from day one and for the nest 10 years ) I have seen a fair number of people post - with pics & such also - about metal shavings esp. having to do with the threads on the tube and perhaps other? THAT either needs to be fixed, or, has been fixed ? Love to see some current buyers check & review for such issues. That aside I certainly was tempted by their pump action model at $289 when it was on sale.

Just an old fact, The "A-Team" ( Hans & Ray) regs for the Careers were naturally inationally made for the .177 Target shooters crowd where ES is MUCH more important than power- being able to shoot a full match w/oit refill was nice also but applied only to the long gun. As all the tubes were the same it made sense to sell them for all cal. , reckon just a higher reg set point.
In .25 cal with the long gun it produced 50fpe , sorry I don't recall the set point. 50 is plenty for my anything considering a 3 year old child with a half a crayon can kill, it's just placement. And a reg does help shot placement, esp for the "common" shooter who doesn't always shoot true sub MOA at 100 yards everytime, in the dark, riding a horse over the mountain in a blizzard.
And the NON-vented reg was a pain in the bum. It had a very complicated "bleeding" cycle needed, #1 if you ever shot below reg set point ( if this happen during a match you were likely done for the day) , or #2 enough time had gone by esp. in storage ( pressure equalized then ??? ). And perhaps they moved in the tube if pressure dropped, (seems I recall that ?). OUTSTANDING accuracy! If I could have gotten even 2 shots within say 20fps it would have made long distance much more fun but for hunting large game one shot ( with back up's) worked just fine.

IF the factory has cleaned up the little ( large?) QC problems adding a reg WILL boost sales.
And depending on what crosman may ( or may not ) have reged and shooting 800fps - .177 ? .58 ? Then a QC war could start!!!!! YA buddy a quality control war, that's something we could all benefit from eh?

John

I think the one of the biggest drawbacks here is the ease of of being able to adjust the settings on the regulator. I have found that every gun is different so even the same make and model of gun can benefit from being able to fine tune the regulator for the specific gun characteristics it's being installed on. How will Hatsan/PA accomplish this? Can you adjust the pressure of the regulator at home without sending it back to Hatsan or PA? How is this regulator adjusted? I assume it has to go back to Hatsan or PA in case you want to adjust it for more power or less power. As many of you know I sell the HUMA brand of regulators where you can make adjustments at home without sending it out. There is a real benefit there. Less time and money for a reasonable price. Just my two cents. Regulators do increase the amount of usable shots in a string compared to an unregulated gun. Regulators do require some tuning to gain the maximum benefit from the rifle. Although they can be a drop in solution, they do however benefit even further by tuning. The difference of tuning a rifle in conjunction with a regulator is night and day believe it or not.

BWALTON- I agree with you....there are no free lunches....it is what it is.

"ASP"I think the one of the biggest drawbacks here is the ease of of being able to adjust the settings on the regulator
Did you read thru this thread? Or read the AGD ad?Features: 
  • PCP Air Regulator
  • Full-metal aluminum and bronze construction
  • Designed and manufactured by Hatsan
  • Adjustable output pressure (factory set at 125 BAR)
  • Straightforward, drop-in upgrade

Sure looks to me like the FACTORY set it at 125, and then it will be user adjustable.