• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Mod 130s Vortex QE problem with end of barrel.

I got to say thats somthing how that lead packed in between the cap and oring like that and removed everything looked good/ normal..

The oring dont look damaged or the "hairroller" and i guess the end cap was fine and threaded right back on..

Then i assume being a new gun its not like you shot 1000 + rounds to shave off that amount. ( Youd think) ..

Looking for a like issue i thought i found a guy..lol. I now assume its you from pa reviews.

By
I just got mine from HatsanUSA. It has some sort of soft metal obstruction at the end of the barrel. I don't know if it's supposed to be there or not. This is my first airgun. Emailed Hatsan a week ago still no response. Had anyone else seen this in their barrel? It's soft like tin foil when I touch it but I can't pull it out
Yes! This was me. Before i found AG Nation I didn't know where to look, so I asked on different reviews of the Mod 130. I think I asked on Amazon too.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Does anyone know if the end cap on the 125 sniper unscrew? I don't have any of the problems that the owners of the 130 have but would just like to remove the inners when I polish the barrel and would like to check the crown.
The cap on my Mod 130 was super tight. I loosened it with a pair of linesman pliers and then it came right off. I'm not sure if the 125 is the same.

Does anyone know if the end cap on the 125 sniper unscrew? I don't have any of the problems that the owners of the 130 have but would just like to remove the inners when I polish the barrel and would like to check the crown.
I'm new to Hastsan but I believe all QE barrels are the same, they unscrew.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattygunz
Thank you. So I emailed Hatsan through their website last week, and just sent them another one. I've heard their customer service is horrible. I'll end up attempting some of these suggestions. In that video, he does a demo of him shooting it prior to installing the new baffle. If I needed to, could I remove the baffle myself and it would still be 100% functional? Is that correct? It looked like he was on point on the chronograph. Or close to it at least.
I have been dealing with Hatsan for years. They have always treated me great. Their customer service form is a bit confusing. However they alway have gotten back to me within 72 hours. They have also invoiced parts for me. Sent a email so I can pay.

Lol.. my dealings with hatsan service been
1- if its somthing they feel safe there not going to have to get up from there desk or its not going to cost them money they answer quickly.

2- if they think there going to have to get up from there desk / work or cost them money ...well good luck hearing back any time soon.

Lol...😜

Lol.. my dealings with hatsan service been
1- if its somthing they feel safe there not going to have to get up from there desk or its not going to cost them money they answer quickly.

2- if they think there going to have to get up from there desk / work or cost them money ...well good luck hearing back any time soon.

Lol...😜
That's why I use the General Inquires link, I think they answer that quicker thinking they might sell something and answer sooner, then I know if there still there...after that who knows how it'll go down...:unsure:

That's why I use the General Inquires link, I think they answer that quicker thinking they might sell something and answer sooner, then I know if there still there...after that who knows how it'll go down...:unsure:
Maybe catch the right person in a good mood in that day.

Id rather have a true solid steel " normal" barrel . Got near you have no choice but the soda straw shrouded today just about on anything .. my next favorite thing is not putting sights on guns..lol. Like buying a car with no steering wheel..lol.

Kinda a long shot thing is s my 2 hatsans the leade hole was cut straight and a sharp inner hole edge. I felt ot could nick/ scrape the pellet head when loading and cause flyers.

So i beveled that slightly ( removed the sharp edge). I honestly think it helped.

View attachment 337785View attachment 337786View attachment 337787

P.s...

Hatsan said you can carefully wash the pads if they get looking too dirty or clogged . Warm soapy water and air dry.. fyi. They also warned to wear rubber gloves for the lead contamination from them.🤔
How do you get the shroud off?

The shroud is held on by a 14mm hex head nut. The nut is made of aluminum, and very brittle. I would not suggest trying to remove it. I built an extension for my crowning tool that allowed me to re-crown without removing the barrel shroud. This Hatsan 95QE went from a poor shooter to one of the best I’ve ever owned after this simple procedure.
C16B5DD7-9DD4-4399-AFA4-C48FA35FA7D7.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the shroud nut Bear mentioned.
QE shroud nut 1.jpgQE shroud nut 2.jpg
Not made of the best quality metal and not hard to round off if you're not careful. If you still want to try it, Get a 14mm socket, an extension and a ratchet. Unscrew the end cap of the shroud and be careful because it has an o-ring on it. Remove the spacers, baffles and felt. Suggest you lay them out exactly how they came out so you can put them back in in the right order.
Now just be very careful about sliding the socket/extension in there and don't try to force things to take that nut off. Your results might well vary, but the ones I've done while tight, didn't need a lot of muscle to break loose.
Hatsan does a lousy crown job on their barrels (although they're not the only company that does), what mine looked like before and after and as Bear mentioned, makes a world of difference when you're done:
Hatsan QE barrel 6.jpgHatsan QE barrel 7.jpg

This is the shroud nut Bear mentioned.
View attachment 440425View attachment 440426
Not made of the best quality metal and not hard to round off if you're not careful. If you still want to try it, Get a 14mm socket, an extension and a ratchet. Unscrew the end cap of the shroud and be careful because it has an o-ring on it. Remove the spacers, baffles and felt. Suggest you lay them out exactly how they came out so you can put them back in in the right order.
Now just be very careful about sliding the socket/extension in there and don't try to force things to take that nut off. Your results might well vary, but the ones I've done while tight, didn't need a lot of muscle to break loose.
Hatsan does a lousy crown job on their barrels (although they're not the only company that does), what mine looked like before and after and as Bear mentioned, makes a world of difference when you're done:
View attachment 440428View attachment 440429
I used every socket I had including 14-16mm nothing even tried to fit i wonder if it’s female and not male?

Flashlight should answer that if you haven't already taken a look with one, but it should look like the one in my picture.
New and Hatsan changed what they use? Used and someone else already rounded it off? @Bear-of-Grayling any thoughts??
The new nuts are made of aluminum. I tried to remove one and the hex portion easily snapped off. It wasn’t even making contact with the male threaded portion. If I now wanted to remove the nut, I would need the tool Hatsan has that would include the rods to engage the holes on the nut. Or send the barrel to Hatsan for removal of the nut. There really is no reason to remove the shroud. Just make an extension rod to hold a Dremel gringing bit and re-crown with the shroud left on. It sounds like this is what is going on here as well.