• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Mod 130s Vortex QE problem with end of barrel.

It looks like the same thing is happening just further into the barrel. I'm hoping a 30cal cleaning rod will pull all that out and my rifle will be ok. Considering I have no apparent remedy from Hatsan yet. I appreciate the help here. Grateful i found this forum. I couldnt find any videos or anything related to my issue so this is amazing

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Did you buy the gun directly from them or from a vender? Keep emailing them telling them that you are going to send the defective gun back to them. If you used a Credit Card then tell them you are opening a charge back request. There is no reason to accept a defective product from a company. If you bought a toaster that didn't work would you want the company to fix it or send you a new one? BTW they don't fix toasters, it cost too much to even try.
Yes I did. I bought it from HatsanUSA they had this on sale compared to other vendors. I should have just went through PyramidAir and got the 10for10. But I've sent requests three times through their contact form. No answer yet. About to send another one now. It was on my Credit card. Can I really do that charge back thing if they don't respond? I was super pumped about this, not giving up hope but it's still kind of a bummer

Yes I did. I bought it from HatsanUSA they had this on sale compared to other vendors. I should have just went through PyramidAir and got the 10for10. But I've sent requests three times through their contact form. No answer yet. About to send another one now. It was on my Credit card. Can I really do that charge back thing if they don't respond? I was super pumped about this, not giving up hope but it's still kind of a bummer
Your credit card protects you from fraud so yes, they will do a charge back if there is a problem. Getting a brand new broken item is a form of fraud if the company ignores you. Call your CC company and see what they can do. A company will bend over backwards to help people if they are concerned about losing the payment option through a CC company.

RMA request form filed?
I tried for mine(when i had a.problem). It wasn't working; so I screenshot my info and emailed them(general inquiry area)with a title REPAIR OR EXCHANGE.
Had a reply the next day.

Screenshot_20230305_194126_Outlook.jpg

Reactions: mattygunz
Just sent a similar email. Does the fact I took the muzzle cap off to remove the lead void the warranty? On the form it asks if you've tried to repair it yourself. I'm wondering if that question has to do with whether or not the warranty was voided?
I would say no, what they are concerned with is if you took the internal apart.

Just sent a similar email. Does the fact I took the muzzle cap off to remove the lead void the warranty? On the form it asks if you've tried to repair it yourself. I'm wondering if that question has to do with whether or not the warranty was voided?
I would tell them yes and what you did. Bc all you "did" was unscrew a cap and clean.🤷‍♂️
I would say no, what they are concerned with is if you took the internal apart.
It would help steer them to the problem

I would tell them yes and what you did. Bc all you "did" was unscrew a cap and clean.🤷‍♂️

It would help steer them to the problem
Exactly, My gun had a broken piece shaking around in it so I took the stock off to see what was rattling around in it. I don't and they didn't consider taking the stock off as to be working on the gun. You just unscrewed the end cap.

First off I want to say that it's always best to buy from Pyramyd Air, Air Gun Depot, Midway USA or some other vendors with great return policies. I tune Hatsan's ( probably because I am crazy LOL) but they can be good accurate guns . There's a check list I go through for any gun that is bought before its shot. I break it open but don't cock it, and clean the barrel with just white paper towels no cleaning solutions. Push them through until it comes through clean. Next you want to do a pellet to bore test , this is very critical for me. ( Mike Ellingsworth has a YouTube video on this) If it passes this test ( which I have had HW's fail this test and later through shooting it prove to me at 10 yards the barrel was bad) then I look at the breech seal and make sure ( with cheaters ,I hate getting old) that it's sticking up about 2 to 4 thousands? Look at it very closely because I have found a few of them NOT machined correctly. I have sent guns back to Pyramyd Air that have failed just these 2 tests with no problem or questions and received an other new one within a few days. There are several other things that I check but usually these are the main ones. If I can help anybody here with Hatsan problems shoot me an email. I have no ties to Hatsan , it's just I have been there with several of there problems ( PCP's and springer's) and I fixed it myself. I have rebuild my gas rams and they have held up very well. ( at least 5 years now) I hope this small amount of information helps?

First off I want to say that it's always best to buy from Pyramyd Air, Air Gun Depot, Midway USA or some other vendors with great return policies. I tune Hatsan's ( probably because I am crazy LOL) but they can be good accurate guns . There's a check list I go through for any gun that is bought before its shot. I break it open but don't cock it, and clean the barrel with just white paper towels no cleaning solutions. Push them through until it comes through clean. Next you want to do a pellet to bore test , this is very critical for me. ( Mike Ellingsworth has a YouTube video on this) If it passes this test ( which I have had HW's fail this test and later through shooting it prove to me at 10 yards the barrel was bad) then I look at the breech seal and make sure ( with cheaters ,I hate getting old) that it's sticking up about 2 to 4 thousands? Look at it very closely because I have found a few of them NOT machined correctly. I have sent guns back to Pyramyd Air that have failed just these 2 tests with no problem or questions and received an other new one within a few days. There are several other things that I check but usually these are the main ones. If I can help anybody here with Hatsan problems shoot me an email. I have no ties to Hatsan , it's just I have been there with several of there problems ( PCP's and springer's) and I fixed it myself. I have rebuild my gas rams and they have held up very well. ( at least 5 years now) I hope this small amount of information helps?
That's a reply that I copy and paste into wordpad to save and refer to later.

Have you contacted Hatsan via the 'General inquires' option for contact? if so have you waited for 24 hrs during business hrs? Like I stated earlier, I purchased my rifle from HatsanUSA a week ago and had questions two different times and they answered me back within 24 or so hours using that contact method. As mentioned above, if you bought the rifle from another vendor, contact them for further direction.

I got to say thats somthing how that lead packed in between the cap and oring like that and removed everything looked good/ normal..

The oring dont look damaged or the "hairroller" and i guess the end cap was fine and threaded right back on..

Then i assume being a new gun its not like you shot 1000 + rounds to shave off that amount. ( Youd think) ..

Looking for a like issue i thought i found a guy..lol. I now assume its you from pa reviews.

By
I just got mine from HatsanUSA. It has some sort of soft metal obstruction at the end of the barrel. I don't know if it's supposed to be there or not. This is my first airgun. Emailed Hatsan a week ago still no response. Had anyone else seen this in their barrel? It's soft like tin foil when I touch it but I can't pull it out

Last edited: