• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Mod 130s Vortex QE problem with end of barrel.

Hey guys, I'm new to airguns and I just got a Hatsan Mod 130s QE from Hatsan USA. I've fired about 30 shots through it. The first couple were bangers. I think they must've been diesled. The muzzle shot sparks and It sounded like a 22LR. After those couple ones, I noticed this soft metal obstruction inside the muzzle. It looks like it's getting bigger with each pellet shot through it. I have no Idea what it is, or if I just got a faulty gun. I'm shooting a target 5 yards away, and it's missing by 4 or 5 feet. I can see the pellet bounxing in the dirt 5 yards to the right. I was hoping someone knows what the hecks is going on and what the heck is stuck inside. Picture attached
Also when I retrieve the pellet after, it's almost completely flattened and deformed. Using Vortex Strike 48.6gr and Polymag predators 44.75gr
Thanks guys!

20230304_224742.jpg

20230304_224734.jpg

Thank you. So I emailed Hatsan through their website last week, and just sent them another one. I've heard their customer service is horrible. I'll end up attempting some of these suggestions. In that video, he does a demo of him shooting it prior to installing the new baffle. If I needed to, could I remove the baffle myself and it would still be 100% functional? Is that correct? It looked like he was on point on the chronograph. Or close to it at least.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Like SD and the schematic show, that end cap just screws off. Might be a little or a lot tight, but it does. Inside you'll find what's in my picture.
Cap, rubber oring, 2 hair curler looking plastic baffles wrapped in felt and at least with mine, the 2 clear spacers. I also have a couple that they made them out of metal.
Get it pulled apart to see what you're actually looking at, but it looks like the felt material they use. The baffle in that video can be found on Ebay, probably a few other places too. I have a couple, but mine are on PCP's. Never have tried them on the several QE break barrels I have to say how much better they may work than the factory stuff.
Hatsan QE baffle setup.jpg

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
This thread got me thinking about mine. A have over 100 shots with it but never looked down the barrel like that. I just pulled it out and it looks fine. Yours needs to be sent back if it's under warrantee. As far as sounding like a PB, maybe that is from clipping because mine only has mechanical noise which is still a bit loud but nothing like a .22PB.

Last edited:
Thank you. So I emailed Hatsan through their website last week, and just sent them another one. I've heard their customer service is horrible. I'll end up attempting some of these suggestions. In that video, he does a demo of him shooting it prior to installing the new baffle. If I needed to, could I remove the baffle myself and it would still be 100% functional? Is that correct? It looked like he was on point on the chronograph. Or close to it at least.
On the website for service there is also a option to send them your phone number and have them call you back. It is always better to talk to a person unless he is the TIVO A-hole that I talk to.

Because of this thread I'm shooting my 130 tonight. What a great gun. I feel like He-Man just by cocking it and I'm hitting single holes while shooting it. I even followed a Quattro trigger adjustment vid to lighten the trigger pull. The trigger was already very crisp as to not throw off my shot. I just like the thought of a .30cal break barrel that will kill larger game and feed me if needed.
I hope you get your fixed because it's a fun gun.

Last edited:
I had a couple of issues with my Mod 95...I sent emails to Hatsan and they responded back within 24 hours both times. I used the 'General Inquiry' contact email, not the Repair email. I hope this helps. When my gun arrived the plastic nut that holds all those pieces in the front of the barrel was a couple of turns loose, I noticed it while checking the rifle over and tightened then. Possibly yours were the same. Like the others here said just unscrew the nut and remove it and maybe you can fix it yourself.

Like steve shows above kinda looks like the tampon is overhanging . You could just unscrew the end cap dump that baffel out shoot it and see . Then try with the hair curlers no pads and see again. Then if looking good put the pads back in proper..

Setves are plastic spacers mine are aluminum..View attachment 337776
I have several that have the aluminum spacers. Random lame thought has always been they did to stop any metal on metal noise. Might have been a better idea to make a 3rd baffle instead of the 2 spacers.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I have several that have the aluminum spacers. Random lame thought has always been they did to stop any metal on metal noise. Might have been a better idea to make a 3rd baffle instead of the 2 spacers.
Id rather have a true solid steel " normal" barrel . Got near you have no choice but the soda straw shrouded today just about on anything .. my next favorite thing is not putting sights on guns..lol. Like buying a car with no steering wheel..lol.

Kinda a long shot thing is s my 2 hatsans the leade hole was cut straight and a sharp inner hole edge. I felt ot could nick/ scrape the pellet head when loading and cause flyers.

So i beveled that slightly ( removed the sharp edge). I honestly think it helped.

hatsanleadebevel1.jpg
hatsanleadebevel2.jpg
hatsanleadebevel3.jpg

P.s...

Hatsan said you can carefully wash the pads if they get looking too dirty or clogged . Warm soapy water and air dry.. fyi. They also warned to wear rubber gloves for the lead contamination from them.🤔

Last edited:
Hey guys thanks for the help. So I was able to remove the cap from the end of the barrel and there was a ton of what I'm guess is lead stuck between the washer and cap. I removed it. Went to fire it and it definitely helped the pellet move but the accuracy is still way off. Fired one more to make sure and now what happened at the end is happening it looks like at the beginning of the baffle further down the barrel. I bought a 30 cal barrel cleaning rod from Amazon should be here in a couple days. Do you think that will help or is something just wrong with this gun? Still no response from Hatsan btw.

Hey guys thanks for the help. So I was able to remove the cap from the end of the barrel and there was a ton of what I'm guess is lead stuck between the washer and cap. I removed it. Went to fire it and it definitely helped the pellet move but the accuracy is still way off. Fired one more to make sure and now what happened at the end is happening it looks like at the beginning of the baffle further down the barrel. I bought a 30 cal barrel cleaning rod from Amazon should be here in a couple days. Do you think that will help or is something just wrong with this gun? Still no response from Hatsan btw.
Did you buy the gun directly from them or from a vender? Keep emailing them telling them that you are going to send the defective gun back to them. If you used a Credit Card then tell them you are opening a charge back request. There is no reason to accept a defective product from a company. If you bought a toaster that didn't work would you want the company to fix it or send you a new one? BTW they don't fix toasters, it cost too much to even try.