• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan Bullboss weak?

Hi, i bought a Hatsan Bullboss .177 to upgrade from my snowpeak m25 (regulated 115bar), Bullboss i rated to 1170fps with probably a low grain pellet, the lowest pellet i got is a 8.5gr and it only show 940-980fps with full airtank. I shot those same pellets @900 with the m25, that not much of an upgrade =/ the bullboss is a hell of lot louader too, so by the sound of it it should fire way better.

So my question is is 955fps isj with 8.5gr normal on a gun rated 1170fps?

You wouldn't want 1170 fps if it could do it. If you are a bit of a mechanic, there are threads on making the Hatsans more air efficient. Basically the transfer port is way bigger than needed and the hammer spring on the heavy side for a 20 ft lb .177 rifle. 900 to 950 fps is a good place to be with any pellet, but you will get better downrange accuracy with a 10.5 grain pellet that starts out a little slower because of better airodynamics and less wind drift.

I had a Bullboss in .25 and a AT44 in .22. The Bullboss was stupid loud. The I.D. on the inside shroud baffles were much larger than the AT44. I swapped the .22 ones into the Bullboss and it made a big difference. Check the ID on yours. I think they make them to just fit .177 to .25 now. Smaller holes make them quite. It's been years since I owned them but I had higher FPS at a mid fill vs full. Shoot it down on psi and see if it goes up. Common in non reg'd guns.

sure, breach or transfer port. is it by your face? bullboss also has a hole in the rear of the shroud to vent so you could be hearing or feeling that. never a bad thing to check or replace a seal if in doubt. but even at that, if the HS is too high it will be loud. on mine I can tune it by sound and be pretty close. the bullboss is tricky to adjust so you have to follow the manual.

ok, well there's no way of knowing if he touched anything. so, bullbosses have had issues with the debounce arms so that's a possible culprit. when that happens the 3 things to look at are the debounce, the valve and the hammer. unfortunately, hatsan had many changes in the bullboss and I don't know all of them. I would do a search on it as there are a bunch or threads on GTA covering issues and mods for these guns. or you can try to PM @Rallyshark . he knows these things verry well.
another quick thought, maybe the barrel isn't in right blocking the transfer port causing the valve to stay open.