• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan 95 vs Diana 34... Which one?

I would personally go with the 34. It has a much better reputation as being one of the best spring guns in that price range. You are right, the Hatsan may come with a scope and rings but I think you'll find that you will have to upgrade them anyway and they just end up in the junk drawer. Good luck with whatever you choose!

34 no question. I've owned 1 Hatsan- a model 85. Stoutly built with a good barrel. Terrible trigger (Quattro) and generally rough around the edges. With a good tune probably a decent hunter with more power than the 34. My 34 was spot on accurate and adequate power for squirrel hunting-great rifle and they come up as refurbs on AGD fairly frequently. I think you'll have a solid rifle either way, but my choice would be the Diana--the trigger alone is worth the difference in price.

Scotty

34 for sure, it will shoot about 75-100 fps slower than the Hatsan but accuracy is much better. If you decide to put a tune kit in the gun either a Macari or Vortek the 34 turns into a point and shoot gun silky smooth action. I also have both and both are tuned, the 34 is hands down the better gun. The Hatsan is also a good gun but the firing cycle is harsher even when tuned, but it does shoot around 815 fps with 14.6 grain pellets and the 34 does around 720 shooting the same pellets.
If you really want the best gun go with R9, super smooth with great accuracy and should make 740fps with 14.3 grain pellets. The R9 is lighter than 34 or 95 and is considered best in class.

I bought a Hatsan 95 just a few weeks ago as well, in the .177. Unlike Deltadart106, my experience has been a blast. I have to say it is every bit a Magnum springer, as the the cocking action requires considerable strength and the recoil is felt throughout my body. I'm 5'10" and around 250 so that is no small feat. But the results! With open sights I have had a great time zeroing in at 25 yards, and last week mounted my Leapers 3-9x32 scope and began shooting out to 30 yards. No barrel issues, no rattling or droop... just a fine Turkish walnut stock enclosing all that German steel. I have every confidence in the opinions of the members of this community and so believe that the Diana 34 is the superior gun. For my budget and interests the Hatsan 95 was the right choice, though. As always, the "right tool" must be "right" for all of the reasons you put out there - and fitting your budget almost always ranks at or near the top of that list. Just sayin'.