• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Hatsan 95 vortex..is \"dead\"

(If this is the incorrect forum for this please move to appropriate location as i looked for a "repair section" but found none.)

Ok, so to begin I have the above listed air rifle and after owning it from new for a few years now when i break the barrel to "Cock" it , it is "Dead"...no compression what so ever.

I am new to airgunning so help will be much appreciated on how to proceed.

i do not want to just start disassembling it with no guidance of where to look or what to look for.

Thanks.

Don’t know for sure but it sounds like it leaked all the gas out of it. I have one too but don’t shoot it anymore because it won’t lock up tight enough. Shoots fine with open sights but my vision barely allows that. If that is the case you can buy a new gas piston for it. And there are some makes that you can charge them back up.Not sure on yours though. I know somebody on here would know if you could charge yours back up or not.

Your vortex spring has lost its charge. To recharge it you would need to remove it from the action that involves removing the trigger which is tricky the first time. Then you would need to replace two o rings that seal around the shaft before you could pump it back up with a hand pump. Hatsan USA sells new vortex for around 45 if you fill out the web form for service and explain your situation. There are some good YouTube videos on removing the trigger.