• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hats off to Old Timers !!!

JoeWayneRhea

Apr 5, 2015
. So a couple years ago when I got really into Airguns after health issues took me outta archery . I called and spoke to an "Old Timer" who was giving me advice about Springers .
In my head I was thinking ...Whatever old school , it's a brave new PCP world nobody wants springer advice ..
Well fast FWD a couple years and now I'm borderline obsessed by my newly rebuilt FWB 300 mini and no matter what I do it keeps grouping slightly horizontally ever since I installed a heavier spring to speed it up . Anyway I remember the Old guy said something about trying heavier pellets cause it counter acted torque , dismissed evil spells , or some other foolish Voodoo type crap .
So today I thought , ya got a tin of Airarms heavies , why the hell not ..
The group above was shot at 40 yards . I stopped at 5 shots because I was impressed with the group and thought " go for 10 shots " , then I figured ..what the hell, go for 20 shots .....
It's the best non PCP group I've ever shot and guess what !!?? It was with really heavy pellets !!! Who the hell knew ????Well he did is who !!...
I wish I still had his name and contact info , and if you read this please accept the respect and apologies of a DummAss kid (53) lol
That old guy had things to teach me , hopefully next time I'm offered advice I'll be wise enough to listen . Ya never know what some " Old Fart " might be able to show ya

Reactions: TimR
It shoots not bad with lighter pellets , but they are Very wind sensitive . The heavies just shoot better overall. My gun is not very fast , so a cross wind can easily turn the pellet in flight and groups stringleft and right like Crazy when I'm using 7.33 pellets ....But when there is almost no wind , the 7.33 are most accurate. Butno wind days are rare