• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

hammer spring reg settings

the low reg and high hammer will be louder and use more air. also usually the low reg will cause hammer bounce if you have a gun with no slingshot arrangement.

so the extra volume of working gas in the cylinder you gained with lowering the reg, will be wasted and more by a hammer bounce.

you want the high pressure air to slam the knock open valve shut, thats why also FX realized the bumper on the Impact is a no go. They moved on since that

I tune my hammer spring to, just at the max velocity for the regulator setting or just a hair below (you need a chronograph)

if the hammer is adjusted more, you waste air

if the hammer is adjusted less, you will see an increase in speed ( for a few shots ) at the end of your shot string as the air pressure in the tube becomes lower than the reg setting.

If I want my rifle to shot slower or faster, I adjust my regulator in that direction and retune my hammer spring to match the new regulator setting