• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Had fun at a Red Ryder BB shoot competition this morning.

It was a Men's breakfast and BB shoot competition put together by members of my Church. We had coffee and a Blackstone grill took care of the breakfast fixin's, and had a nice campfire going.

The competition consisted of about six Red Ryders being offhand shot at cans hanging from a line 25 yards out. The winner was determined by the number of times the shooter hit the cans out of ten shots each. The winning prized was a brand new Red Ryder in the box. I shot eight out of ten, so didn't win, but did enjoy the breakfast, fun and fellowship. The trigger was a bit stiff for my liking. I may just pickup my own Red Ryder after shooting one to save on lead. I enjoyed the ease and simplicity of the gun compared to my high strung PCPs. 

My dad and I used to have “can races” as we called it. We would each have an empty soda can laying in the driveway and each of us using a red ryder, would see who could get their can across the driveway first. First one to get their can across the finish line we made in the dirt on the other side of the driveway was the winner. It was fast and frantic, just cocking and shooting, moving the can along a few inches at a time with each shot. If the can landed just right and you could get a shot on the thick bottom material you could really gain some ground quickly. 
So simple and so much fun for practically nothing. I do miss those that old man and those days.

My dad and I used to have “can races” as we called it. We would each have an empty soda can laying in the driveway and each of us using a red ryder, would see who could get their can across the driveway first. First one to get their can across the finish line we made in the dirt on the other side of the driveway was the winner. It was fast and frantic, just cocking and shooting, moving the can along a few inches at a time with each shot. If the can landed just right and you could get a shot on the thick bottom material you could really gain some ground quickly. 
So simple and so much fun for practically nothing. I do miss those that old man and those days.

That sounds like good times with Dad. Thanks for contributing!

Gotta love a good Daisy! (aka Gamo, aka Winchesterair)

daisypumpguns2021a.1633249349.jpg