GX Pump CS4 bleed question

I am going to be filling a new tank and I am assuming the fill time will be close to 4 hours total. I plan to bleed the compressor every 1/2 hour or so and wonder what the proper procedure would be? Do I close my tank valve and open the bleed valve without shutting down the compressor or should I shut the compressor off and then open the bleed valve? Does it even matter?

Reactions: anonymous_.457
I am going to be filling a new tank and I am assuming the fill time will be close to 4 hours total. I plan to bleed the compressor every 1/2 hour or so and wonder what the proper procedure would be? Do I close my tank valve and open the bleed valve without shutting down the compressor or should I shut the compressor off and then open the bleed valve? Does it even matter?
What everyone else said, plus... do NOT turn off your compressor! If you do, you'll have to close the tank valve, bleed the air from the lines, and start over with zero pressure in the line. Never start your compressor with a load on it.

I crack the bleed valve for 1-2 seconds every 10-15 minutes when doing a long fill.