• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

gun rack cheap

yesterday i ordered this from Amazon . for $67.00 i cannot go to town (40 minute drive one way) and buy the stuff to make it , for $67
supposed to arrive monday , we will see if it is ok , i have a feeling it will need extra bracing .
61YRnPHcLCL._AC_UL320_.jpg
see post #8 for first impressions .

Last edited:
Looking on that add with the picture showing the dimensions, doing some quick pixel counts, it looks like it is made out of 1/2 inch pine ply, pixel counts being what they are and prone to error, I came out with .537 inches. If it is actually made of 1/2 inch I'd be surprised, definitely a good price if made from 1/2 inch. Hopefully, it is not just screwed together, but glued also. If it were me, and it wasn't glued, I'd take it apart, put wood glue on it and screw it and clamp it back together, That would make it much stronger. It also needs some felt installed in the barrel rests and interior of hole where stocks go. You are right you couldn't buy the raw materials and make it for the price you paid.

Reactions: kayaker and gendoc
Looking on that add with the picture showing the dimensions, doing some quick pixel counts, it looks like it is made out of 1/2 inch pine ply, pixel counts being what they are and prone to error, I came out with .537 inches. If it is actually made of 1/2 inch I'd be surprised, definitely a good price if made from 1/2 inch. Hopefully, it is not just screwed together, but glued also. If it were me, and it wasn't glued, I'd take it apart, put wood glue on it and screw it and clamp it back together, That would make it much stronger. It also needs some felt installed in the barrel rests and interior of hole where stocks go. You are right you couldn't buy the raw materials and make it for the price you paid.
Looking at the Amazon video it appears as if the rack arrives unassembled and you put it together yourself.
If that is the case just add glue as you go

Reactions: beerthief
when this arrives , i will report my findings
arrived in flimsy box unassembled . most of the seams were open and maybe retaped by USPS ? box was not usual end flaps , the box opened along the long dimension on the side . 5.5 x 9 x 37 inches opens on the 5.5x37 long side both sides .
real wood 1/2 inch quarter saw grain but smaller width and length's edge jointed and feather joints to achieve length . interesting . first impression is this would make a great template for 3/4 inch Cherry .
P.S. all wood pieces were securely wrapped (rolled fashion) in foam sheet . no damage !

P.P.S. the screw placement marking are shallow indents , just screwing in would split ever piece of wood period. drilling is a must , if just put together as is i do not think i would trust any of my guns in this rack . With glue and a full back 1/4 inch plywood we will see ?

Last edited:
@Lewis
While waiting for @beerthief to post picture you can take a look at the product video showing steps in the assembly process.
It's not bad for what it is
Edward
yes nice brief video . i do a lot of wood working and this wood will split guaranteed if you try to just screw together . First thing i will do is use it as a template to build using cherry wood i have. once i draw it on the cherry i will build it adding glue .'