• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gun makers need to make spare parts more available! Great News from Brocock!

I bought a very little used like new Brocock Concept 6 from someone, the first time I had to fill the air tube it leaked air out of the barrel. I sent the gun to a good friend who tunes and repairs British air guns. He contacted me and told me my suspicions were right, the valve was leaking, he replaced the seals and the same thing is happening. I told him to go ahead and just replace the valve on it. For months now he has been trying to get a replacement valve from AOA with no luck. He tried another dealer and they also had no luck getting a valve. I have sent an e-mail to Brocock UK and hope to get some kind of response from them. So we spend $500 on an air gun and when something goes bad on them we are supposed to throw them away, come on guys, make parts more available for the guns you sell! This is not a $50 cheapy off the back of a truck, it is a name brand and they should give better support for them! I will post again if I get a response from Brocock. All the best, Neil.

I have just heard back from the person repairing my gun and will post the update.

That sucks, but the reality for many of the imported brands. The problems that you are having I had years back with Air Arms and Daystate. One of the big reasons I now stick with Crosman/Benjamin guns. Might not be well refined, but I can get as many parts as I need as fast as the mail man or ups can deliver them.

Parts support should be at the top of the list for all importers.

AJ if I do not get a good response from Brocock it will result in their losing my business. I really like their guns, but they are no good to anyone if you are unable to service them and keep them working. I hope they come through with the part I need otherwise they will not just lose me as a customer, I will no longer promote their guns to my customers. I am hoping it is just a problem with AOA not bothering to try and supply the parts rather than the maker not making them available. I will let members know what the maker has to say as soon as I hear back from them, Neil.

Try ordering anything from Weihrauch ! Had I known parts would be so hard to get for this gun, I wouldn't have bought it. Thank goodness for Gene at Pyramyd Air. I needed a pin valve for mine and Weihrauch gave me a rather rude reply to my emails. They won't ship parts direct to the US. PERIOD ! Just a word to the wisefor those considering the HW100. The rifles are wonderful but the after sales service is horrible. I now own an FX and factory support through AOA is excellent. 

Jamie

I hear you Neil my goal is to offer something durable accurate powerful and reasonably priced with custom options. And in the unlikely event that you need a part it will be sent out ASAP. And everything is made in the good Ole United States. It is not acceptable for these foreign companies to sell products in the US and not have parts or service readily available. Funny thing is even the guys at AOA didn't give the brocock on the shelf a good review when I asked about it.

This is not a problem when it comes to Airgun Technology, who make the Vulcan line of airguns. Anytime I've needed something..which is rare..the manufacturer mails it to me very quickly. You can see examples of their great customer service with very little effort researching this and other forums. Even if they made small upgrades in the product from one generation to the next Airgun Technology would offer the newer parts to existing owners of the previous generation for free. Just send an email with name address, serial number of gun...and the parts will arrive in the mail.

"Beach-gunner"This is not a problem when it comes to Airgun Technology, who make the Vulcan line of airguns. Anytime I've needed something..which is rare..the manufacturer mails it to me very quickly. You can see examples of their great customer service with very little effort researching this and other forums. Even if they made small upgrades in the product from one generation to the next Airgun Technology would offer the newer parts to existing owners of the previous generation for free. Just send an email with name address, serial number of gun...and the parts will arrive in the mail.
I haven't had a problem with Kalibrgun, Sam Yang, Crossman and Hatsan parts (I haven't needed any for my other brands yet). They have all sent me parts when I contacted them directly (and respectfully) so they aren't all bad and Brockock haven't said no yet. Brocock offer a valve replacement service for 60 pounds on their UK site. The question is if they will see supplying valves for the customer to fit as a legal risk or not... I would like to think they will help out as you obviously can't send your air gun to the UK to get it fixed and it wouldn't make business sense to leave a customer hanging.

It would be better and more convenient if we could order parts online instead of having to contact the manufacturer Imo. Even Crossman, who have the best after-sales service, make you call and order over the phone. Not a huge issue, just convenience. 

Most smaller manufacturers are not set up to be responsive to direct customer communications. They don't have the resources (like call center staff). Making parts available online would mean they would just need to have them picked and packed from the warehouse. This should certainly be the case with simple parts with little danger from improper fitting. Indexing pins, stocks, barrel bands, shroud replacements, new barrels etc.

Selling replacement parts would also give them valuable info on which components are most problematic when designing new products. Plus they would have happier and more loyal customers. I for one tend to be relaxed about air gun problems if I can simply order a new part but if I have to send it away for weeks or months and pay two lots of insured shipping costs then my brand loyalty gets shaky. 

Zebra I am not saying that the makers should supply the customers direct, I am just saying that their importers should also import replacement parts for them, and if they do not stock parts they should be agreeable to ordering them from the maker if and when they are needed. Just selling guns without giving any kind of support for them, in my personal opinion is wrong and should not be allowed. I know at one time in the UK if a maker sold something they had to make parts available for them for so many years AFTER they quit selling the product. That has almost certainly changed by now but that is something that should have remained. You can buy a product not knowing the maker intends to stop selling it, and then you are left with a useless item when it goes wrong, I think it is high time the airgun community said enough of this crap, if you do not give support for your products we will NOT buy them, the makers will soon get the message! Neil.

"NeilClague"Zebra I am not saying that the makers should supply the customers direct, I am just saying that their importers should also import replacement parts for them, and if they do not stock parts they should be agreeable to ordering them from the maker if and when they are needed. Just selling guns without giving any kind of support for them, in my personal opinion is wrong and should not be allowed. I know at one time in the UK if a maker sold something they had to make parts available for them for so many years AFTER they quit selling the product. That has almost certainly changed by now but that is something that should have remained. You can buy a product not knowing the maker intends to stop selling it, and then you are left with a useless item when it goes wrong, I think it is high time the airgun community said enough of this crap, if you do not give support for your products we will NOT buy them, the makers will soon get the message! Neil.
You won't find any argument from me. I want to be able to buy spare parts when I need them. I'm sure that nobody wants to get stuck with a broken pcp gun they can't fix. 

I actually think they should supply customers direct like Crossman and RAW does. I am probably less bothered about where the parts are stocked as long as they get sent when I need them. If Brockock sends you the part from the UK, would that not solve your issue? 

Given the opportunity, I would have probably stocked up on a few spare parts for guns with common issues already. 

Did they tell you that Brocock parts weren't available in America period, or that you had to send it in for repair? 

Zebra I am not sure if the problem lies with their Importer who is AOA or if it is with Brocock, that is why I have e-mailed Brocock UK, to try and find out why these parts are NOT being made available to their customers in the USA. I have been told by the person repairing my gun that he tried to get the valve from AOA and had no luck at all so he got a friend who is a dealer and sells Brococks to see if he could get the part from AOA and they also had no luck. So at this point I am not sure where the problem lies, wherever it is, it needs fixing, otherwise they will lose a lot of customers over here in the USA. I have previously promoted Brocock's as a wonderful gun, but this will stop very quickly if they fail to give support for their guns, I will not promote any maker who does not support what they sell, Neil.

I used to own a BSA Spitfire rifle, the BEST pcpbreak barrel ever made! Smallish yet full sized, light, outstanding trigger, ... ,..... . Then it leaked. Called the dealer and was told "it takes a special jig we have never had" so it needed to go back over seas for repair ( was sold by aoa ) but the laws had changed and there isn't really any practical way to have it repaired so I and every other buyer of a BSA Spitfire , and there was another model with hidden air tube ), were just SOL. Naturally it was the last BSA I'll ever own.

On your brocock if you just need a valve stem ( and it can be disassembled unlike the BSA) it isn't much of a trick to make a valve stem tho I DO agrtee parts SHOULD be available , somehow somewhere parts SHOULD be available.

John

I'm not sorry I got into airguns but I've lost any respect I ever had for the entire industry. I literally love pest shooting with my Wildcat and there's no way I'm quitting and will go through the whole torturous rigamarole to get it fixed when it breaks. BUT ... this industry and especially the US distributors can all go jump in a lake as far as I'm concerned. It's a disgrace. I could literally write a book about how bad it is across the board. And so could most of you.

AZBOBCAT I see more and more gun makers popping up here in the USA, maybe that is what it will take for the other makers to supply parts for their guns. Eventually, they will get the message, give support for the guns you make and sell here, or we will make our own and stop buying from you. I wish you the best of luck with your endeavours and hope to see you put something on the market, maybe it is time we start buying from the country we live in instead of from overseas? Neil.

"ajshoots"That sucks, but the reality for many of the imported brands. The problems that you are having I had years back with Air Arms and Daystate. One of the big reasons I now stick with Crosman/Benjamin guns. Might not be well refined, but I can get as many parts as I need as fast as the mail man or ups can deliver them.

Parts support should be at the top of the list for all importers.
Where do you buy breech O Rings for your Crosmans and maybe for a Ruger Blackhawk Elite? Mine are still fresh, but I would like to keep fresh ones on hand for maintainance.

"NeilClague"Zebra I am not saying that the makers should supply the customers direct, I am just saying that their importers should also import replacement parts for them, and if they do not stock parts they should be agreeable to ordering them from the maker if and when they are needed. Just selling guns without giving any kind of support for them, in my personal opinion is wrong and should not be allowed. I know at one time in the UK if a maker sold something they had to make parts available for them for so many years AFTER they quit selling the product. That has almost certainly changed by now but that is something that should have remained. You can buy a product not knowing the maker intends to stop selling it, and then you are left with a useless item when it goes wrong, I think it is high time the airgun community said enough of this crap, if you do not give support for your products we will NOT buy them, the makers will soon get the message! Neil.
Let us know when you get an answer. 

I recently picked up a used Brocock Compatto, should be showing up tomorrow, and you kinda had me worried about replacement parts. I don't need any parts but I do want to fiddle with the valving to see if I can drop the overall power by 5-7 fpe and wanted to know if it would be possible with adjustments or if some machining would be needed and if I botched something if it could be repaired even without a warrenty. So I contacted Brocock directly and used the contact us form on their site and got a response from 2 of their guys answering my question the next day. They cc'd AoA in on the inquery and informed me that they were the US importer and warrenty/repair place. 
Next I called AoA and yes, a machine answered. I selected "2" for parts and service and I was put on hold 15 minutes until I got sent to a answering machine. I hung up and called back and selected "1" for sales and got someone in about 2 minutes. I asked the guy if there was anyone working in the service department, he says "Yea, Kevin. He is real busy right now cause he just got back from vacation and is returning calls, but I'll send you over there". It still went to the answering machine, so I left a message with my name and number. That was yesterday around noon. 
I just got a call back from Kevin. He apologized for taking so long to get back to me, and said he's been swamped returning calls that backed up while he was on vacation. He said that there was no issue getting parts and that if it wasn't something they had in stock (yep, they have parts in stock, just not every part for every gun they have ever sold) they could order it from Brocock with no issues. He said they would repair guns out of warrenty too. I even asked if he knew about your situation (I simply refered to you as "a guy on the forums"). He immediately knew what I was talking about and said there was a bit more to it than what is being reflected here. I did not ask anything further about it nor was anything else divulged to me.
Kevin said he'd be happy to help me, or you, or anyone else in any way he could and gave me his direct extension (480)-461-1113 ext. 150. I would implore you to contact him and politely order whatever parts you need without going on the defensive (i.e. no caps-lock talk and no threats about dropping support of the brand).