• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Gun leaking

Hello, i bought a taipan veteran a few months ago and shot a little over a thousand pellets through the gun flawlessly with no issues besides my gun not tuning properly (50-60 fps deviation per shot if not on max power). Well i've been pretty busy the past 3 months so i put the gun in my safe at 230 bar, and today i decided to pull it out and make sure everything was good to go and my gun was at 0 bar and has leaked all the air out. I'm not really sure what to do or if my gun has a leak, my marauder has been sitting at 2500psi for a 4 months and hasnt moved.

What O'Doyle said - sometimes a tiny particle of ? can get stuck under the valve stem seal causing a slow leak, and shooting it a lot in succession can knock the particle loose, fixing the leak.

If that doesn't work, try removing the qauge (with no air in gun of course) and wrap some teflon tape on the threads in a clockwise rotation and re-install. Very common place for leaks.

Best of luck, you'll figure it out -

if what Steve and Odoyle said doesn't work, do the dunk test, remove the stock and the scope, dunk the gun in water, wait till all latent bubbles stop and look for consistent bubbles, that's your leak, Dry the gun off really good, use a hair dryer on areas that are hard to wipe water from or use pressurized air, degas the gun and repair the leak, remember to use Silicone grease or oil on O-rings, oil all external parts as needed to keep it from rusting, and lube the internal pressurized Air system and Barrel with Silicone Oil.

good luck

If that doesn't work, try removing the qauge (with no air in gun of course) and wrap some teflon tape on the threads in a clockwise rotation and re-install.

Just a detail, but I assume you are doing clockwise teflon tape with the gauge thread facing upward/facing you. Counterclockwise when the thread faces away from you, so that the teflon goes with the thread, not against it 😉

🐦

If that doesn't work, try removing the qauge (with no air in gun of course) and wrap some teflon tape on the threads in a clockwise rotation and re-install.

Just a detail, but I assume you are doing clockwise teflon tape with the gauge thread facing upward/facing you. Counterclockwise when the thread faces away from you, so that the teflon goes with the thread, not against it 😉

🐦

you would wind it on going with the threads as if you were putting on a nut, so clockwise if you're looking at the thread end. and do at least 3-5 wraps depending on the thickness of the teflon tape