• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gun cradle or gun cart and pics for ideas.

Hey cavedweller on a side note could you give me your input on the Styer air rifle in your picture, I’ve been toying with the idea of adding it as a backup to my redwolf. I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks in advance,Mike
Steyrs are amazing in all regards
Some folks don’t like how air blows through the magazine but if properly set I don’t notice it. My favorite is my ProX10.
I wish I had bought both of mine in .177 because the 5SA pictured in my cart would have been a fantastic HFT shooter
IMG_6837.jpeg

Well ... sense selling the Thomas Air, The Golf Bag cart with the PLANO hard case attached became available once more.
So with some pad rearrangement the newest FT rig ( Theoben MFR in a Chassis ) that will be my WFTF sub 12 fpe rig for the 2024 season & hopefully worlds in Arizona next fall. Left room for a butt hook, tho not sure how large of one might be fitted ?

So we have a Rifle, Air, Tools, Extra pellets & outside hooks to hang Butt Bag, Kneeling roll etc ... Clip for Score card/s and a Pen too !
And it DOES NOT fall over in the wind or fairly rugged terrain. Protected from blowing dirt and falling rain.

View attachment 421336

View attachment 421337
Your hamster aka knee riser looks like something I’d wear to keep aliens from hearing my thoughts 😁

Reactions: Centercut
Your hamster aka knee riser looks like something I’d wear to keep aliens from hearing my thoughts 😁
Vintage Mac1 Knee cup. They have hollowed out inside on the bottom & filled with dense memory foam. Once resting on knee a moment or so the foam conforms to your knees bone shape and settles in being quite stable.

To be honest , I have considered the running stroller to carry all my gear, but, they are not always practical, especially in some rocky terrains. I have shot in quite a bunch of places now, best way, is to carry all your gear. If you do what I do, I take my young teenage nephew with me, and he carries all my stuff for $40 for a day. I’ve even taken him with me to the World champs, just for that. I do not have a ton of gear, but carry everything gun related in a high quility Vudoo bag, the rest is a soft cooler, with drinks and food, and a small folding chair.

Reactions: cavedweller
To be honest , I have considered the running stroller to carry all my gear, but, they are not always practical, especially in some rocky terrains. I have shot in quite a bunch of places now, best way, is to carry all your gear. If you do what I do, I take my young teenage nephew with me, and he carries all my stuff for $40 for a day. I’ve even taken him with me to the World champs, just for that. I do not have a ton of gear, but carry everything gun related in a high quility Vudoo bag, the rest is a soft cooler, with drinks and food, and a small folding chair.
Great idea plus you are getting a young person involved

Reactions: Biagio26
Steyrs are amazing in all regards
Some folks don’t like how air blows through the magazine but if properly set I don’t notice it. My favorite is my ProX10.
I wish I had bought both of mine in .177 because the 5SA pictured in my cart would have been a fantastic HFT shooter
View attachment 424197
Beautiful Steyr bullpup there. I have a few Steyrs, they are fantastic air rifles. Did you do the engraving work yourself, or did a friend do it for you, standup job mate.

Reactions: cavedweller
Kind of like a Tinker toy box with wheel. Just pull it along behind you. The bipod goes behind the nails on the top edge. Pellets go in the can that clamps to the strut. Box is big enough to carry small Carbon Fiber bottle for refills.
Has never tipped over with gun in cradle

View attachment 426324
you need to hook up a small donkey to pull that thing... humor intended.

👆so I’m learning!!!
Two months ago, a wise old sage of airguns and FT related things, warned me about high weight distribution on a "BOB stroller or other carry all cart". Sure enough, i turned my back on my full cart and palooompa over it tumped fortunately nothing was injured or scratched as it was in the grass... but the point is this: However you setup/design your carry all, make sure the weight is low low low to the ground or the wind will treat you like it's play toy and you too can have thousands of dollars worth of toys strewn all over the ground.
Heckling permitted.
@Robin A

OLD post ....

Seeing the baby carriage guys struggle in matches in places like this dissuaded me from that route.
View attachment 399961

At an established shooting range with a pleasant little foot path and the lane markers one step off each side of the graveled trail .....I can see the logic in the baby stroller for those types of ft matches.

how i see myself at an FT match
mountain-man.jpg

Reality
IMG_6652.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: scotton
After having my heart broken a couple of times by strollers, I'm sticking with the gun box for now. I've seen some of the Oklahoma guys use a box that has a neat design (maybe Curtis N?). Basically, it's like the attached photo with a shallow box at the base and a couple of feet for stability. If I recall correctly, the top is a wooden handle instead of ropes. The cut out for a gun at the top isn't there, it's just the lower cut out. My next gun box will be something like this.

View attachment 399892

And Jeff probably recommends a case because he has a case that was hand made by French nuns and lined with titanium fabric. After adding a big wheel, hamster and butt hook, getting a gun in and out of a case for every lane is not something I want to do.
Here is the one I use. You shape the cuts in the end pieces to fit your gun (bottle end is simple). I used a hole saw set to get the different sizes I needed.
I added a button magnet on one end at the top to hold my pellet tin. Add a magnet inside the tin and it is solid. (make the handle flush with the top of the end pieces). I did the same to hold my magnetic Parallax wheel on one end of the carrier. Use 1X6 for ends and bottom. 1x2 to form the sides of the box, and 1x3 for the stick holder/stabilizer ends. 1" dowel rod. Make to overall length as needed to fit rifle/scope.
1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited: