• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Great expectations - my Venom arrives soon

It's with great expectation that my latest collectible airgun arrives ...maybe today. @warlord graciously allowed me to be the next caretaker of his Venom HW77 Verminter made in 1986. (Not the one that was recently sold on Gunbroker) The Venom (and Airmasters) airguns were the product of extensive modification/tuning by famed tuners in England. They produced some of the finest air rifles using Weihrauch, and Webley airguns (to name a few) as platforms for their products. New photos will be forthcoming but I have some old ones from previous times. And yes, the scope is included.:D
IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg
IMG_0292.jpg
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0290.jpg
Screenshot_20231216_174751_Yahoo_Mail copy.jpg
Screenshot_20231216_174807_Yahoo_Mail copy.jpg
Screenshot_20231216_174815_Yahoo_Mail copy.jpg
Screenshot_20231216_174758_Yahoo_Mail copy.jpg
Screenshot_20231216_174811_Yahoo_Mail copy.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg

So, what's been done to it internally? Does it have the full Venom treatment? 17 ft lb? Hopefully. Most people don't know what options were available anyway. They just shriek when they see a Venom sticker. Not a sticker guy, I want to know what's in there! ;)
It needs checkered(y)
Come on Karl you know what that sticker means!!! That's a beauty 😍

Reactions: RM100GUY
I see a custom stock on an HW77 with a Venom brake and lever catch and a sticker. The internal work means as much or more. What options were performed to the action? And what output? Makes a lot of difference.
Ok you got me there! I didn't realize that some of the later versions didn't have the full on treatment!
This thread made me get out my Venom Tommy sidewinder! Maybe go after some bushy tails this afternoon! 19fpe with FX 16 grainers 😜🎯

Reactions: fishing43
I see a custom stock on an HW77 with a Venom brake and lever catch and a sticker. The internal work means as much or more. What options were performed to the action? And what output? Makes a lot of difference.
You missed the set back trigger. Also, it is stamped "Hull Cartridge".....the Uk importers for Weihrauch air rifles. It is highly unlikely to find a Beeman stamped HW77 that would have been "Venomized" It was shooting +/- 17 ft/lbs and BTW, I never removed the stock to examine the action, as I had no reason to do so. Perhaps Wijib ???

So, what's been done to it internally? Does it have the full Venom treatment? 17 ft lb? Hopefully. Most people don't know what options were available anyway. They just shriek when they see a Venom sticker. Not a sticker guy, I want to know what's in there! ;)
It needs checkered(y)
The way the grain flows thru the pistol grip up into the butt is extraordinary!! To cover that up with some chequering would be a crime!

Reactions: RM100GUY and wijib