Giant Komodo Dragon Airgun Hunt - Video

Lizards that large CANNOT peacefully coexist with human populations without danger to small livestock and children an well as older adults. The situation to me looked as if a community was walled to try to keep out these large predators.

Edit: not a community but factory grounds. Here is the translation of what they said below the video.

In This Video Crew / Team Invited Ole One Chicken Factory in Kab Bogor Area. To Reduce Pest of Lizard That Is Disturbing For The Factory. Munkin Dozens / hundreds of lizards ms we leave, because we are not destroying but reducing. Every year we are always invited to control the lizard animals. This animal's populasli masi lot and unprotected, all the territory diindonesia habitat exist. For those who do not like this activity do not watch and do not coment arbitrary.

Thurmond

In my country we hunt whale (in a small scale admittedly), so I should not be offended by other nations policy when it comes to hunting. And seldom do.
BUT:
In this video there is something about the music, the "mob attitude", the way the dead(?) Komodo Dragon is handled.......
And those headshots. Ok. it is headshots, but is it brain shots we are looking at here?
No offence to the people that participated in the video, but the whole setting made me a bit sad. Just can`t help it.

EDIT: The above comments are related to the first video. I now looked at the second one from X27, and have to admit that there are several differences in those two. Anyone can judge for themselves I suppose. 

Like I said these are not my videos and I had no part in them I just found them interesting because here hunting 6 foot lizards, I mean how cool is that. From the translation of the first video there killing them because there raiding a chicken factory. I believe that there saliva has toxic bacteria in it that is very harmful if not fatal to humans. 

Going with the statement if you kill it and don't eat it you're just killing. I guess a lot of us are killers here. Not going to eat starlings, rats, woodchucks and crows. Guess I'm ok being called a killer. I wish I had something that big and called a problem that needs to be hunted. I live in upstate NY and everything but the air i breathe is regulated and that will probably be next year. All that said I thought these beasts are protected? Guess not if videos are released of them being shot. Hunting something called a Dragon just sounds awesome.

Reactions: X27
For those interested, these monitors are Asian Water monitors (varanus salvator) and not Komodo Dragons (varanus komodoensis). Komodos are a protected species and aren’t hunted or exploited in any other way except for tourism. Asian Water Monitors on the other hand are not only hunted for their skins (most “lizard skin” boots, shoes, belts and purses are Asian Water Monitor) but are also captured (mostly the young ones) and sold into the pet trade. Though some have been successfuly captive bred here in the states, most held are wild caught. As large monitors go, they are typically tractable in captivity. In fact, they are so easy to work with that a good friend of mine has had several that he would routinely take to elementary schools as part of a herpetology exhibit, and with the blessing of school administrators, even allow the kids to touch them. We’re talking about wild caught but long term captive five to six foot predatory lizards that kids could pet under close supervision. All that being said, they ARE five to six foot predatory lizards with reptillian brains and reptillian instincts and certainly NOT cute, cuddly, trustworthy puppies. A bite from a big one can cause severe lacerations and quite possibly infection. Many monitors lizards also tail whip when threatened and it’s no joke. As far being a threat to humans in the wild, they probably don’t represent much of one, at least not as an animal that would prey on us. These guys aren’t like crocodilians and a six footer probably will only weigh about 40lbs with much smaller, much less powerful jaws and teeth than a comparably sized American Alligator. I’m sure they’d take a chicken or small animal, but any human larger than an infant would be unlikely prey. They do look formidable in the video though. 
Please understand that though I obviously like these animals and find them fascinating, I’m NOT offering any sort of negative judgment on those that would hunt them. I’ve done that before on this forum and quite justifiably suffered negative accuracy points as a result. That experience actually altered my thinking enough over time to realize I was wrong, so I have zero problem with this video. I only posted here to share some info in case anybody happened to be interested in and wanted to understand more about what was being hunted.

I read , and have seen documentaries about large monitors in the austrailian outback, the lizard will come and give you a nasty bite, knowing it will cause infection. Then the lizard will haras you until you either become ill from infection, or push you to completly exhausted, and unable to defend yourself. I do believe they will feed on anything they can. If this is true or not is beyond me