• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Ghost owners

What purpose would having a gap serve?

When the Delta Wolf was first released a conclusion was reached that factoring in a gap (business card thickness) reduced/minimized/eliminated? point of impact shifts.

Ghost is same shroud and frame, mostly.

The Ghost I've been working with for just shy of a year has the shroud gapped off the frame, and I've not had any point of impact shifts issues.

When the Delta Wolf was first released a conclusion was reached that factoring in a gap (business card thickness) reduced/minimized/eliminated? point of impact shifts.

Ghost is same shroud and frame, mostly.

The Ghost I've been working with for just shy of a year has the shroud gapped off the frame, and I've not had any point of impact shifts issues.
Is there a post discussing this problem?

Post #10 Arzrover commented in the above thread. He's part of the Daystate Accuracy Research Team (ART).

Reactions: Solo1
What purpose would having a gap serve?
Keeps the shroud from rubbing against the breech block and allows the barrel to return to the neutral position if/when bumped.
There is a 15 x 3 mm oring in the breech block right above the regulator. In my DW, I replaced the BUNA-N 70 duro oring with a Viton 75/80 duro oring which seems to keep barrel alignment better than the softer factory oring.

Last edited:
Reactions: keith1 and spinj

Post #10 Arzrover commented in the above thread. He's part of the Daystate Accuracy Research Team (ART).
Thanks!

Keeps the shroud from rubbing against the breech block and allows the barrel to return to the neutral position if/when bumped.
There is a 15 x 3 mm oring in the breech block right above the regulator. In my DW, I replaced the BUNA-N 70 duro oring with a Viton 75/80 duro oring which seems to keep barrel alignment better than the softer factory oring.
I did something similar a while back. I used a slightly thicker o-ring (with a smaller hole) I got at my local Ace Hardware and used a dremel to shave some of the rubber on the internal wall of the o-ring until i can barely get the barrel to squeeze into the hole when the o-ring is seated in the block. The fitment is tight enough that the insertion of the barrel expands the o-ring so much there’s almost no room for further expansion, therefore preventing any barrel movement. I then checked—using a laser mounted on the shroud and confirming any position changes of the dot through the scope—to see if intentionally bumping, twisting, and hitting the barrel would knock it from its original position and it was and remains rock steady.

Last edited:
Reactions: Centercut