• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Ghost owners: please check if your Ghost’s cocking lever is jolted when shooting pellets

Yes, the cocking lever is completely closed. All o-rings are good. I’ve actually posted the same question for the person who made this video:

The question asked was:

What is the purpose for that center grub screw on the chassis directly on the valve (on which you apply grease at 11:05 of the video)? I’ve noticed that when I fire a pellet while touching the cocking lever the lever moves as if air is leaking through something to cause it. Could it be that since the rail rides over that grub screw an air blast is emitted from around it (grub screw) and causing the rail/cocking lever to move?

The grub screw to which I’m referring in the video plugs a hole within the internal compressed air region/cavity of the firing chamber. I’m thinking that since all of the air will not escape out the barrel when a pellet is fired, some of it will escape around that grub screw, which is directly below the cocking rail linkage. I am questioning what the reason is of drilling a hole and screwing in a grub screw in that particular area.

This is the grub screw:
1695044920184.jpeg

Last edited:
Upon closer inspection, that threaded hole on which the grub screw goes is directly above the air transfer port that channels the air to the barrel. I think that was the drill bit’s entry hole to drill the hole to make the transfer port and when drilling was complete the grub screw was inserted to plug the entry hole. If indeed air is escaping from or around the screw, BRK didn’t use any sealing agent (o-ring, teflon tape around the grub screw, Loctite, etc.) to prevent any air leaks due to air escaping around the barrel, which might be causing the vibration, and why I’m getting some inaccuracy.

Last edited: