• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo can't keep zero past 50 shots

my gamo bone collector bull whisper, with a gas piston 11 mm dovetail 1"rings 
I'm planning on a new scope soon to see if that's the issue but is it normal for the heavy recoil .177 gas piston or maybe I messed up mounting it I'm kind of new to air rifles I started on a co2 pistol 400fps went to the variable pump crosmen m4-177 a 700 fps in a month, then I'm at the gamo at around 1100 fps with lead pellets. Any way long tooth short what am I doing wrong.
i get a tack driving zero for around 40- 50 shots the it drifts right then high right. Did this with two different scopes 

Is it the scope that came with the gun? I don't have much experience with the gamo scopes, but one of the two I have history with came loose internally and the image went blurry. 
The spring gun recoil is hard on scopes. When the piston springs forward the gun lurches backwards. When the piston hits the end of it's stroke the gun lurches forward. Most scopes are designed to withstand the first thrust vector but not the second. 

I am of the opinion, that all nitro piston airguns have issues with their screws coming loose. I bought a Umarex Octane 5 months ago, which has turned out to be a big mistake!

I finally carved out a spot on the stock, so I could tighten up the barrel cross bolt without removing the gun from its stock. I also used green Loctite on the two front screws in an effort to keep them in place. Even then, I had one fall out! 

In the final analysis, the gun just will not shoot nearly as well as either of my pump guns, or the one PCP I own. 

I will try the lock tight, I have cleaned it not re oiled though, i ran the lock pin when I first got it, about a month ago, I have it for coyotes and plinking I use crosmen premier hollow points, crosmen destroyers, (an excellent pellet) gold flights, silent cats, red fires, even some daisy pellets that are complete crap, as well as some Swiss arms pointed that have a lot of molding defects, I use the daisy and Swiss arms at close range because passed about 15 yards they can't be counted on. I put three- 5 shot groups in the same half inch at 25 yards free hand. The scope runs away and takes my accuracy with it 

Sounds to me like your scope is "walking." Next time you re-zero, mark the scope tube with a permanent marker on both sides of both scope rings. Also, draw a line along the front and rear of each scope ring where they mount to the air tube. Then shoot...a lot. When you start to see a difference in POI, check those lines...you'll likely see that the scope moved in the rings, the rings moved on the air tube, or both. Just a little of this forward or backward movement is enough to to significantly change your POI. I have had a lot of success defeating this condition by: A-changing to a one piece mount (RWS Lockdown and the like), or B-using Weaver rings (UTG makes a great dovetail to Weaver adapter that also has 10 degrees of droop compensation). This and striving to keep your bolts tight should get you squared away. Best of luck!