Fx Wildcat

"Fbom8"
"travels4fun"AOA will keep a portion of the first shipment of 150 rifles and the rest will be allocated to various re-sellers throughout the country. Considering the buzz and hype around the Wildcat, I imagine if you haven't already got a deposit down on one, you'll have to either wait for the next shipment or try your luck contacting every re-seller to see if you can get one from their initial allocation.
Just wondering?
The FX shipment that arrived on Friday included not just Wildcats but various FX models. I know some of the boxes were new .30 Mk2 Bobcats all of which have already been spoken for.

As I posted earlier I glued the stud into place. This morning I popped out the arms on the bipod and it took the stud rught out, and a piece of stock with it.

I'm pretty sure Frederic Axelsson is, or will be, reading this very soon. You're the first internet poster with a Wildcat - your words are important to your fellow air gun comrades, and to the manufacturer, of this highly anticipated new product. 

As you said, you made a mistake drilling the hole too large so the truth is it's probably only related to the error you made and no issue from the manufacturer. Regardless, everyone is interested. I suspect FX will go out of their way to help you out. Let us know how this works out. 

Congrats on the new gun man, she is a beauty. 

"arod2000"
As I posted earlier I glued the stud into place. This morning I popped out the arms on the bipod and it took the stud rught out, and a piece of stock with it.

I'm pretty sure Frederic Axelsson is, or will be, reading this very soon. You're the first internet poster with a Wildcat - your words are important to your fellow air gun comrades, and to the manufacturer, of this highly anticipated new product. 

As you said, you made a mistake drilling the hole too large so the truth is it's probably only related to the error you made and no issue from the manufacturer. Regardless, everyone is interested. I suspect FX will go out of their way to help you out. Let us know how this works out. 

Congrats on the new gun man, she is a beauty.
I had this problem with my bobcat, the sprung legged bi pods are too violent for the stock material I think. If you epoxy it back in I wouldn't start using the legs on the bi pod again, I did and it didn't last long. I ended up putting an atlas rail on and using a QD picatinny attachments for my Harris bi pod and rather than fold the legs up I just remove it. 

Reactions: harrybarker
I might be in the market for a replacement stock once the wallet allows it. Made quite the investment getting in to this sport all at once.
I might just drill another hole an inch back and try my luck there but the stock seems a bit brittle. I would go for a tube clamp with a stud but I think estetically it would be horrible with a bipod attached. Could work for a sling though.
Thanks @arod2000. We'll see how it goes.

That is one way to go about it @ben10. Even worried about using the stud for a sling. It feels awful getting this problem with a spanking new rifle.
Whats bothering me most is that it went so well with the wood stock.

"BitFrost"
"scubajeeper"BitFrost, I hate it for you, I would be sick if that happened to my brand new pride and joy!
What is done is done. But yes, I felt nauseated when the chip came off...
It makes your heart sink a bit doesn't it :(

i hve have some monster threaded inserts now the hold my picatinny rail on. I think they are about an 8mm hole for each one with a heavy thread, similar to the thread on a swivel stud but obviously bigger. These take an M6 Allen head bolt which is slightly bigger than the atlas rail holes so I also had to bore those out a little.

Its a a shame I had to go to these lengths but I think that is the nature of the stock material. You just have to know its limitations. I still won't put load against the rail that isn't necessary just as a precaution. 

Bitfrost

Sorry to hear about your stock. When things like that happen, I get sick to my stomach for a little while and then get over it and accept that what's done is done. I want to attach a bi-pod to my Air Wolf and don't want to go the route of using a bottle clamp solution for the same reason you mentioned. I wish manufacturers would start prepping their rifles with either a stud or groove to install a mount. RAW is the only manufacturer to do this as far as I know. There are only a few airguns that come from the factory with picattiny rails on the bottom. The Wolverine C and the yet to be released Impact.

Scott