Fx Wildcat

I'm gonna get the Wildcat .22. It'll be compact, light, and powerful, and will get plenty of shots per fill. I think FX designed this gun for the .22 cal, then added a .25 cal. The reason I say this is because the Wildcat's barrel in .22 fits the stock perfectly, but the .25 just has a longer barrel and air tube, which looks a little out of proportion in my opinion. I'll put a Hawke Sidewinder 30 Tactical 6.5-20x42 with either FX No Limits mounts or the Sportsmatch elevation adjustable mounts. I am also GOING TO FIND A WAY to put an atlas bipod on there. I'm gonna adjust the hammer spring to shoot 18.1 JSB's at around 900 fps if I can. And for those of you who say the Wildcat is a cheaper, less featured Bobcat, I believe FX designed this gun to really compete with the Airguntech Vulcan. If you look at the Vulcan and Wildcat .22 pics side by side it's obvious that they are competing against each other. And for those of you who are debating on whether the Wildcat or Vulcan is better, the Wildcat is better. The Wildcat gets better shotcount, is lighter, according to FX, is cheaper, and has a better action (because it's sidelever) than the Vulcan. But in the end, it's your choice.

"Ted"
"blackdiesel"
What do the Wildcat offer that the Bobcat does not? I thought the Wildcat was a watered down version of the Bobcat?
Not at all. The WildCat is a different gun built for a different purpose. It lacks the shot-count and features of the Bobcat, but the result is a reduction in weight and size. Power and accuracy should be comparable. So, the question isn't which one is better, but rather which one will be better for my purposes. I honestly think that the WildCat is a better suited gun for most shooters.
And with that cocking lever being further forward, it could be a more practical option for those left-handed shooters. Although the pellet magazine may still dig in a bit...

That's the thing about the Daystate Pulsar, it's a fully ambidextrous. Although the price tag of the Pulsar is a bit steep and it's still not clear why anyone would spend that much on something that probably doesn't perform any better than gear that's less than half the price.

"Bobmart"
"Tominco"I'll be putting a BSA MIL-MIL 4-14x44 on mine - http://www.midwayusa.com/product/456482/bsa-tactical-mil-mil-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-4-14x-44mm-side-focus-1-10-mil-adjustments-first-focal-mrad-reticle-matte It's hard to find a FFP scope for that low of a price. I've got 2 of them and am happy with them.

Tom, I like the looks of that BSA scope. I don't have any experience with BSA products. Is its parallax adjustment 50 yards to infinity?
Bob
Bobmart,
Sorry for the delayed response. :) The quick answer is 10 to infinity. But, I wanted to run a basic test for you (and me) to check that it actually worked at 10 yds. Low priced scopes sometimes will give results "almost" as good as advertised. I've got a loose one waiting for its Wildcat to arrive. I put the scope at max zoom (14) and the parallax all the way down to below 10 (the knob rotates past 10 a little bit). If I'm not mistaken, this is the setting that makes a scope work the hardest. I got a clear picture, inside my house, at approx 9 yards (my rangefinder will only go down to 10). That works for me! Hope this helps.

@CAAairgunner
The Vulcan beats them all !

25 cal.Has just arrived; and it's impressive !!!The accuracy from the CZ barrel is Benchrest quality. The bullpup is the same size as the .22 Vulcan but has 46 fpe. That is more energy than the FX Bobcat-----that's right !!!! The Vulcan is 10 inches shorter and more powerful than the Bobcat. It's also 3 pounds lighter !!!!The 25 also comes with 2 mags. [9shot] The magazines are designed to hold Polymags.