• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX- Wildcat vs AirArms Galahad

Hello guys and gals I am in the market for a .22 Bullpup - but man its difficult to decide because i been looking at these two options.

1. FX Wildcat .22 OR
2. AA Galahad

I love AA and own a S510 FAC with all the best optics and bipod including the new Qtec suppressor. Its an amazing piece of well engineered rifle and AAA+ to AA 

Not too much on these 2 - so what do you say?

HI Kiwibloke, 
I would advise you to review the poop out of the internet on both models have a look at www.straightshooters.com as they have reviews (including their takes and scores on both bull pup)s.

Then have a chat with Ron Young of Youngs airgun Auckland as he's a real good guy and you need to be happy with the support from both manufacturers (Especially living in New Zealand).

I have AirArms and FX and personally prefer FX.

I'm not a bull pup fan but I see what seems like hundreds of reviews / posts/ feedback, etc. on the FX Wildcat and I feel like I hardly ever hear anyone mention the Galahad. I'd think there is some kind of reason for that and if I had to choose between these two guns I'd do as much reading as I can to find out. I'm thinking this is one of those cases, particularly with how studious the air gunning community it, where "everybody can't be wrong". Check out Matt Dubber's videos. He's an Air Arms fan but I seem to recall him making a comparison between the two mentioning how the Wildcat was a lot more efficient or something to that effect. 

Good luck with whatever you choose

***Edit*** Out of curiosity, I just checked Youtube and I can't seem to find hardly any reviews or shooting, etc. of the Galahad that aren't done by an airgun store or paid reviewer. There doesn't seem to be any "real world" feedback by regular every day citizens so it might end up being a hard comparison to make.

I had the Walnut carbine Galahad (.22 cal) with a moderator for about 5 hours and returned it to Pyramydair. Beautiful gun! Chunky, well balanced. Indoor quiet! (AA's shroud/Q-Tec setup is the quietest I've heard and I have Huggetts, NC's, a TKO, and aftermarket shrouds from UK). Accuracy was typical AA's...phenomenal. The trigger wasn't FX-like (I had a Boss), but better than good. The cocking lever was smooth up until 50 shots and the indexing mechanism became misaligned; and mine came with a barrel band with no set screws to keep it in place so it rattled.
When eveything is working the gun is exceptional. These were issues easily remedied, but after dropping more than $1600 I expect years of service without issue. Got a S510 Ultimate Sporter in return.
I never handled a Wildcat.

Reactions: cubo
"Cliff_Allen"I'm not a bull pup fan but I see what seems like hundreds of reviews / posts/ feedback, etc. on the FX Wildcat and I feel like I hardly ever hear anyone mention the Galahad. I'd think there is some kind of reason for that and if I had to choose between these two guns I'd do as much reading as I can to find out. I'm thinking this is one of those cases, particularly with how studious the air gunning community it, where "everybody can't be wrong". Check out Matt Dubber's videos. He's an Air Arms fan but I seem to recall him making a comparison between the two mentioning how the Wildcat was a lot more efficient or something to that effect. 

Good luck with whatever you choose

***Edit*** Out of curiosity, I just checked Youtube and I can't seem to find hardly any reviews or shooting, etc. of the Galahad that aren't done by an airgun store or paid reviewer. There doesn't seem to be any "real world" feedback by regular every day citizens so it might end up being a hard comparison to make.
It's hardly a "like for like" comparison because the Wildcat has been out much longer so there is obviously going to be more opinions on it out there.

The reality is that at this level they are both going to be good and the only place that one will be meaningfully better is in a persons personal preference. I.e. Just get the one you like best. If they are both equal to you then get the cheapest one.

It's hardly a "like for like" comparison because the Wildcat has been out much longer so there is obviously going to be more opinions on it out there.
You're right, it's not a "like for like" comparison. Looking at some actual data makes it look far more lopsided than I had originally thought.

Production on the Wildcat started in March 2015 and about year later for the Galahad. Taking that into consideration, lets say the Wildcat has been out twice as long as the Galahad. Heck, for the sake of it, lets say the Wildcat has been out 3 times as long as the Galahad. 

If you go to the home page of this forum, Airgunnation, and in the search box type "Galahad" you come up with six pages of results. If you do the same for the Wildcat, you come up with a whopping 181 results!! If you were doing a "like for like" comparison, and even if you said the Wildcat came out a whole year earlier than it actually did, it should only generate 18 pages of results. I'd say this is highly indicative of the fact that the majority of air gunners will choose the Wildcat over the Galahad every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

To go a step further, you can even type "Streamline" into the search box and even though it's been out far less time than the Galahad, you still get almost twice the search results, 11 pages for the Streamline vs 6 for the Galahad. 

Interest in the Galahad just doesn't seem to be there for one reason or another. I've never held either gun so I can't comment personally, but the data sure seems to speak volumes.

I looked at bullpups to give me a little better offhand shooting accuracy vs. a traditional longer rifle (owned several break-barrel guns and a Benjiman Marauder).

I bought my .22 wildcat about a year ago, and have been quite happy with it. At the time, there were many bullpup competitors, but the FX won on its reduced price and light weight. I now routinely take (and am accurate) 40-50 yard offhand shots on small birds. I have seen some reviews of the Galahad, and am not impressed with its apparent accuracy (though would expect it to be high) relative to the FX, am willing to accept that it would be a wash. But the Galahad weighs quite a bit more, which might make it a stable bench-rested gun, but less usable for offhand shots IMO. Galahad has adjustable power, but I'd not use it when hunting so it's not enough to me to justify another $100. So, if I were to buy a gun with the same intent as above, today, the Galahad would have me look but I likely would still go with the Wildcat.

"Cliff_Allen"
You're right, it's not a "like for like" comparison. Looking at some actual data makes it look far more lopsided than I had originally thought.

Production on the Wildcat started in March 2015 and about year later for the Galahad. Taking that into consideration, lets say the Wildcat has been out twice as long as the Galahad. Heck, for the sake of it, lets say the Wildcat has been out 3 times as long as the Galahad. 

If you go to the home page of this forum, Airgunnation, and in the search box type "Galahad" you come up with six pages of results. If you do the same for the Wildcat, you come up with a whopping 181 results!! If you were doing a "like for like" comparison, and even if you said the Wildcat came out a whole year earlier than it actually did, it should only generate 18 pages of results. I'd say this is highly indicative of the fact that the majority of air gunners will choose the Wildcat over the Galahad every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

To go a step further, you can even type "Streamline" into the search box and even though it's been out far less time than the Galahad, you still get almost twice the search results, 11 pages for the Streamline vs 6 for the Galahad. 

Interest in the Galahad just doesn't seem to be there for one reason or another. I've never held either gun so I can't comment personally, but the data sure seems to speak volumes.
It isn't indicative because the Galahad has only just come out. It's not like the Galahad has been out for one year and the Wildcat two. The Galahad only started getting delivered to people a few months ago. Not enough people have them here yet to know.

Also, the number of owners doesn't mean anything in terms of which gun is better. The Marauder outsells most other air guns by many times but it doesn't make it better than a Daystate Huntsman. Hardly anyone has the Daystate Artemis but it's almost definitely going to be nicer than the regular Huntsman.