• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat, smooth twist Barrel, .22. Under1/2 inch at 75 yards over 16 shots?

I've got one that will do that I believe. Air conditions have to be perfect and I have to be having a really good day. Pellets have to be weighed and sized. Gun is straight up stock except the barrel has been highly polished with Flitz. Before the Flitz polish it would throw a flyer in 16 shots to ruin a group. After the polish it cut way down on flyers with prepped pellets. 18 grain JSB.s. Still see a few flyers shooting out of the tin but not enough to be worth the trouble of prepping unless your bench shooting. This gun has 35K+ rounds through it. Keep waiting for something to let go in it, but it just keeps going. Sylvan

This was done with unsorted pellets.
the barrel never needed to be flitzed.

Every gun throws a flyer. Most often it is the result of ambient currents, as long as the barrel is allowing the projectile to leave, it, with consistency.

The 18.1 grain through an FX Wildcat, TRUE smooth Twist, (not a liner) is probably running at about 910 or a little under at peak unsorted velocity.,

The group in question was shot yesterday using 15,89's at a MV of 955-960 fps.

It was doped with wind current coming from, 140-165 degrees at 1-3 mph and sometimes less. Calm.
The hold off on a 1/2 inch bull, was low and right. To correct for the wind whipped spiral.
Which changed slightly throughout the 16 shot grouping. Or It would have been 1/4 inch at 75.