• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat MK2 .22 looking to de-tune to 15 - 18 ft lbs

Could someone point me towards and FX expert / forum. My first FX is a .22 Wildcat MK2. Shooting near 30 ft lbs. Don't need that and was wondering if it's possible to lower it with the hammer spring only or will I have to get into the regulator. I envy the UK for shot count as much as some there envy us for FAC rifles. I'm thinking 15 to 18 ft lbs would be plenty for me and the shot count would go up. As hard as the FX regulator is to work on, needing a reg tester, I would just switch it out for a HUMA if that's the way I have to go. Thanks in advance for any help. Also, does anyone know what the regulator is set at from the factory???

Hi My mk1 shoots 30fpe as well , If I loosten hs adjustment it shoots 15 to 20 fpe fine , with out touching regulator . you can do it by just loosening hammer spring like jason said ,

You can also remove stock and lower reg pressure and then adjust hst to fine tune hammer adjuster , but , me I would just back off hammer spring , and use a chrono graph ,

Took the stock off for a look. About 3 inchs from the breach end of the air tube is a hole on the bottom with a hex screw in it. At the same 3 inchs on the top is a whole in the tube with a black rubber cap sticking out of it. Did FX put the AMP regulator in the MK2 with the smooth twist barrel?? All the videos I have been seeing don't mention a regulator adjustment without taking reg out of gun but that hex screw on the bottom looks just like my dreamline lite did.

i got 13 jsbs in my 22 wildcat shooting 19 fpe the accuracy at 30 yards is about 1/2" that is one and a half turns on the hammer spring the 18's are more accurate 3/8" at 30 yards but the fpe is 28 the airgun match i shoot you have to be 20 fpe or less when you hit sparrows and starlings you can see the difference the 28 fpe will almost take the head off with a good shot it will