• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat - Magazine Tip

Hi Just in case (like me), you sometimes forget how many pellets are left in the Wildcat magazine.
I have “Tuned” the indexing pin so that it doesn’t scratch magazines anymore and cycles nice and smooth.
But I also paint (using Acrylic paint), a single white and red line in the magazine grooves. When i load a fresh magazine I cycle the white line to the lowest visible position.
(The red line is now hidden in the main block). When the red line gets to the lowest visible point, then I know that all pellets have been spent.

The Photo shows the magazine empty. Its nice and simple and works for me.
1525719449_3580890635af0a1992292c3.27317650_0C86DFA8-CBE0-4713-8800-249D131E1E7D.jpeg

Good idea. I actually use a small Sharpe felt tip and write small numbers on the flats of each magazine. Did this about 6 months ago and nothing has worn off yet, not even close. So not only can I tell when it's empty, but I know exactly which shot I'm on at all times. I even sent that idea to FX as it would enhance the magazines if the numbers were etched on the flats.
​My 2¢ anyway.

I made a single sharpie mark to show when the last pellet is chambered. Only thing is you can't insert the mag blindly if you want it to work.

I tend to load pellets one and two at a time when those empty spots come around, even if I indexed the mag properly when I inserted it, so the mark becomes useless at that point.

I prefer the mags on my Streamline that lock open when empty.