• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX Wildcat .25

Here are my changes/additions to the .25 cal Wildcat specs that would make the air rifle ideal for my intended use:

1) Barrel length: 21.6 inches
2) Overall length: 33.0 inches
3) Air tube with male foster fitting
4) Picatinny sight rail
5) Adjustable cheek piece riser or cheek piece inserts of different heights
6) Front and rear sling swivel studs
7) Two spare magazines holder in stock

FX Wildcat MK2? :)

I agree with the shorter .25 WC. AGN Splatsteel posted on another thread that he would like to see the .25 Wildcat with a barrel length of 21.6" and an OAL of 33.0". I think that would make the .25 WC barrel just slightly longer than its 300cc airtube, like the .22 WC is with its 230cc airtube, 19.7" barrel and OAL of 29.9". IMHO a 2" OAL reduction with the .25 WC would be welcomed by bullpup enthusiasts.

My EDgun .25 is 28 inches my Vulcan is less than 26 inches. Why buy a bullpup? Bullpups make terrible bench guns. The whole reason for a bullpup is for concealment and portability. The Russians who perfected the bullpup made their guns because it is very popular to shoot crows from a car window. A 33-36 inch gun is a carbine not a bullpup. 

Ok, I'll be the first to go on record supporting the longer barrel on the .25! I like it. I like that it's not a traditional bullpup, but I also wouldn't call it a carbine either. I really like that it's probably going to be very good for long distance shooting. I can't wait to get mine, yes in .25. Was told I'm on the cusp of getting one from the first shipment but more likely fall to the second shipment. 

Bullpups aren't appealing to the mass market just because they're different. I'm talking about the BIG mass market, people who shoot burners and not PCPs. I think FX is paying attention and wanting to reach new consumers. The .25 looking more traditional has more appeal to the mass market in my lonesome opinion ;) 

I'm really looking forward to seeing reviews specifically about distance shooting with the .25

Reactions: Ted
One of the biggest fallacies in the airgun world is the idea that longer barrel equals more accuracy or longer range. I believe this idea is a crossover from firearms where power burn time, pressure and twist rate play a part in speed and bullet stabilisation. Often guns like the 6.5 Grendel don't reach full potential with less than 24 inch barrel. This is not the case with a PCP and in many cases most shooters will be more accurate with the shorter barrel. I think FX built the Wildcat 25 that big for shot count. The Russian bullpup makers get it. They are the ones to chase at this point.

I personally like the .25 Wildcat how it is if it's necessary for them to make it that long for the higher shot count I will go along with that. For what I'm looking at it for I don't really want a shot count bellow fifty shots. And ya I can see where you would want it to be shorter ( more maneuverable) but for me I prefer how it is now. I know it takes a little bit of the point of it being a bull-pup but I think I might like the fact of having a little more meat on the gun. Guess I will find out whenever I get one, if I get one. Just my thoughts. :)

If FX would make the FX Wildcat in long and short models, that would be awesome. Some people think the WC .25 is too long, and like the .22 compactness. But they still want a .25. What I'm saying is, some people would like a compact .25 or maybe a longer .22. If FX could make both long and shorts WC's, they'd sell a lot more. Maybe they could even make a kit to change the length of your WC, like what Ted was talking about with the Bobcat on Youtube.

MOD EDIT - Your post has been merged with this thread since they are both on the same topic.