• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx wildcat .25 is it a good choice for long range shooting?

Fx wildcat .25 is it a good choice for long range shooting? I'm looking to get a fx wildcat for target shooting out to and past 75 yards. Also I would like to get set up with one gun for the Extreme bench rest shoot in AR. Is it versatile enough to shoot 75 yard extreme, 25 yard , and the speed silhouette steel target shoot? all three events. I cant afford 3 guns to shoot this event. Any better choices are welcome also. I'm a lefty so i will have to modify the cheek plate and having the feed handle in front will help me out . thanks Richard

"Most" people would prefer a full sized "normal" rifle design for bench work.

Folks do get confused by "extreme bench rest" and" BR", nothing over .22 for sanctioned BR, extreme BR is just like a fun shoot.

Being a lefty "I" would go for a lefthand full sized rifle as you need to be as comfortable as can be to shoot your very best.

John

I shoot the FX Royale .25 cal. Very accurate rifle out to 100 yards for me. Some people shoot even further. It can be used in the 75 + yard shoot as well as the speed silhouette shooting. After looking over the stats of this years speed silhouette shooting, the .22 cal was the tops in the 1st 5 places. I hope to be able to go next year to EBR with my Royale and a new rifle I'm having made.