• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wildcat.25 gets a scope rail upgrade.

TKA87

Feb 26, 2016
So I was totally bummed out that the FX Wildcat was designed and sold with a 11mm dovetail rail for mounting the scope and AOA is out of stock of the Wildcat weaver/piccatiny rails so I decided to very carefully drill and tap threaded holes through the dovetail rail to permanently mount a weaver style rail to mount my scope. The holes I drilled are threaded and I used 4mm machine screws to mount the rail. This rail was originally designed for a Benelli Nova shotgun and I liked the look of it so I lined it up on the dovetail rail and marked out the holes for the machine screws and threaded the holes. This DIY project turned out real nice and the rail is locked down with serious force it's not going anywhere. I was able to mount my AEON 6x24x50 trajectory scope using the UTG 30mm piccatiny mounts. Unfortunately I ran out of daylight to do any shooting and accuracy testing so I'll get to it tomorrow. Hope you guys like it I'm pretty proud myself.