• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx vs daystate

I would not buy any other FX.

Daystate and Aigun Technology are my favorites: Solid, reliable, accurate.....

I like the FX rifles but hate there straw barrel tensioning, barrel swap...add cabon fiber stiffening bullcrap. It's never a grab and go hunting rig...its a sit down check zero and then go... I kept one FX (dreamline compact) and that's because I machined my own barrels for it (177, 22, 25) and done away with its original straw barrel system. I've moved to another manufacturer that actually uses a barrel..

I went through this same exercise last year and ended up with a Brocock Concept XR. Kind of a "split the middle" choice. I would have preferred the nice wood stock, but the adjustable speed dial on the Brocock sold it for me. The other features over and above that on the FX weren't necessary for me. I simply needed a way to go from 9 - 25 FPE for indoors to backyard.

I have over many years collected a fair few DS guns and have had no problems apart from three or four leaks due to old age lol.

I moved over to FX guns last year and am happy with them the Crown is a dammed good rifle as is my Maverick and Dream Line. The Impact is good and works well but is not my go to gun. FX bring kit out almost daily and I fear do not really field test the kit. This new barrel strengthening system is stupid and I fear is designed to just make money. My top two guns are my RedWolf and Crown with the Crown being the best at long distance with the RedWolf covers the short to medium distance.