• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX STX Super light weight 700mm barrel on a FX Crown Question!

I’m thinking about buying one for my Gen 2 .30 cal FX Crown to see if I can increase the speed of the pellets... in theory it’s a simple way to increase speed and then tune down to get the most accuracy. A couple of questions though that I haven’t seen answered :

1. If I’m sticking to the same cal do I need a new pellet probe? Do the new light weight 700mm barrels require a different probe? 

2. Has anyone done this on an “older” Crown... meaning Gen 1 or Gen 2? What kind of results have you seen? 

To echo Spray1, 700 mm is loooong. Velocity is nice, but using a jousting lance - it takes some time to get used to.

They do add velocity tho...

Sorry maybe my post didn't make sense, I almost always find that I gain 40-50 Feet per second when going from 600-700mm regardless of caliber.

However what I also see is that a 50g .30 cal JSB pellet gives up almost nothing to a 44g .30 cal JSB in terms of speed in any of my .30 cal liners, hence I just plop for using the 50g, as it's almost like getting free energy.

However for some reason when going from 600-700 with the .30 cal CROWN and 50g JSB I gained almost nothing, I hope that makes sense? perhaps 84FPE with the Crown in .30 cal stock form, is as much as you can get without doing modifications regardless of barrel length over a certain point?

Maybe someone else can explain?