• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Streamline .25 shot count

I have recently purchased a .25 Streamline. I have yet to get over 38 shots ( advertised at 50) before a loud "ping" starts happening when I shoot. I'm guessing this is just from shooting off or under the regulator pressure but I have not heard of this from anybody yet? I know the first step would be a chrony test which I have not done . I guess I'm more concerned about the "ping" than the shot count as I can adjust for that.
Thanks for the input
Dan

The 50 shots advertised refers to regulated shots. If you're only getting 38 then it it most likely needs adjustment of the hammer spring or possibly the regulator. Unfortunately, the hammer spring adjustment is lock-tited in place and difficult to change by the average owner. You do need to run it through a chronograph to confirm that it's falling off the regulator at 38 shots. The chronograph will also let you know the fps and power of the gun and if that is excessive, adjustment is needed. If it is, you should send it back to the vendor.

On the high setting, my .25 on the chronograph with the JSB 25.4 comes in at average 926fps with an SD of 4.47. Unfortunately when it gets below 150 bar it starts the annoying twang. The twang goes away on refill.
It's been so cold lately I've not been able to run shots through the chrony to see exactly when it falls off. I'll run a full string from max pressure when I get a chance.

Reactions: RabbitDan
I did this on March 27, 2017
230bar- 170bar
3Magazines of Bobcat 33Shots 
JSB Exact 1,645g/ 25,39gr/ 6.35mm
@*** power: 896 Fps
898 894 899 895 900 899 897 897 903 
899 905 896 899 899 896 896 901 894
894 893 887 888 880 890....more and more, just got lazy :)
I never shoot any of my FX guns under 150bar...so it really good to know. I will try it asap when I have a chance.
Vu

buckmountainOn the high setting, my .25 on the chronograph with the JSB 25.4 comes in at average 926fps with an SD of 4.47. Unfortunately when it gets below 150 bar it starts the annoying twang. The twang goes away on refill.
It's been so cold lately I've not been able to run shots through the chrony to see exactly when it falls off. I'll run a full string from max pressure when I get a chance.

That's exactly what I'm experiencing. I fill to 230 BAR on my tank which reads 240 on the gun. And at 150 BAR on the gun that terrible noise starts. Do you know exactly what that sound is and is it bad to shoot beyond this point?

I know this thread is a little old, but what shot count and velocities people are getting at medium and low power on the 25 streamline. I haven't found good numbers for those in my searching. My .25 streamline in laminate will be coming next week, and was just wondering. I am not sure if AOA will tune the gun when they do their testing, but I will keep this in mine just in case.