• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Slug Power Kit vs Huma Dual port

So, I'm having a hard time researching all of this so I'll ask questions:

The FX Power Kit: Is that for more power if you have the stock MK2/ PP with the OEM weaker 52 mm HS spring? What if you replaced it with the 57 mm spring? I did and that spring gives me crazy power by letting me get beyond the 130 bar limit. I couldn't get any more power past 130 bar with the 52 mm spring and could only hit 910 fps with 34 gn max.

The Huma Dual Port/Probe: Looks interesting with a claimed power increase of 117% for .25 mm and it comes with its own Pellet probe.

So any comment as to which might be best. Perhaps an unfair question but I'm looking to get higher speeds with less Reg Pressure.

If your ports are stock I would guess that the Huma Dual Port will give you more juice but likely not that 117% but 40 or 50 fps anyway depending on your tune and prior mods. If your already DIY ported then it would be hard to say which will do the most.

I did a DIY on my barrel and probe ports and just recently purchased the slug power kit. Probly install it tomorrow expect I will gain some but that is not what it is about. I want to be able to tune for specific slugs for the best accuracy and getting that slug in the perfect spot inside the barrel consistently will help.

Thanks,

The gun is stock save the stronger HS. 

The 117% is straight off the Huma website for the dual port...so I guess take w a grain of salt.

I guess what I'm asking is why was the FX Power slug Kit created? 

My gun with the stronger spring is right at 1000 fps for 33.5 gn NSA slugs. But I'm at 150 bar and 17.5 mm on the HSTA. Not a lot of shots with this set up.

Is the FX kit a competing kit for the Huma Dual port?

Hmmm maybe get a Dual port and the FX kit. The pin probe seems like it might be better than the enlarged probe with the Huma kit. I don't know....maybe someone out there can set me straight?

Sure I can do that. Wire diameter is .58mm, spring diameter is 6.20mm and length is 44.75mm.

I need let people know that FX changed the set/grub screw to a larger size, which they did NOT include in the kit, so it will NOT fit the Gen1 guns. It will take a new style reloading block, #B10 on the old Gen1 diagram, or some drilling and tapping out the holes, in the old block, to make it werq. I will probly install the kit at a later date due to the fact I will need to drill and tap my .177 and .30 caliber probes as well.

FX did a good thing with this change as my original set screw is showing signs of wear, it is bent and threads are damaged slightly, so this upgrade needed to be done. I normally shoot ant near 75 fpe and it took many of rounds to get to this point.

Those with the Gen1 guns, shooting at higher power levels, may want to think seriously about doing this upgrade and replacing or drilling and tapping their B10 reloading block for safety reasons.

...get a Dual port and the FX kit. The pin probe seems like it might be better than the enlarged probe with the Huma kit. ...

Talking what I have the .25 with 700mm barrel.

I have the Huma kit, the dual port + pellet probe, also I have couple home made diy pin style pellet probes (my is not adjustable as the FX kit).

The Huma will give you very noticeable extra power over a stock ports, but what you asking, with pellets what I measured I don't see a significant difference between the two probes. Slugs may be a different story, somebody else can chime in.

But again, even with modifying the brand new Huma brass port, if you enlarge the pockets for 0.5mm per side and polish the central wall into sharp blade, you will gain extra power again. I really don't understand why they didn't make it right away like that, the hole in the Rear block is 7.2 mm they could make the brass pockets 8mm in example. Maybe still a work in progress, I have seen Ernest videos, he is trying things.

Hi guys, been some time since I have commented.... been busy with life :)

I have the Huma duel and the FX power kit. My hammer weight is 7grams anyway so i didn't add the rings, Here are my findings..

Because I ported and modified the stock port and probe, the Huma kit did not give me any improvements..maybe 5fps. Then I removed only the probe and added the FX pin probe, I lost 10-15fps! but when i added the spring and rubber ball I gained about 15fps...so far, great gained 20fps. I did all of this without touching the regulator or hammer spring/wheel and set the valve to exactly where it was after changing the spring.

The purpose of the adjustable pin from FX is to push the Slug deeper in the liner, now i am not sure if the old probe puts the slug on the lance or not. thats why my shorter slugs had issues in the pass but the longer ones shot well. Here is the thing, if your shooting pellets, the probe (if adjusted as the same length as the old probe) WILL NOT push the pellet as deep as the old probe! because the probe pushes the pellet from the center of the cone. I shoot flat based slugs anyway so this didn't effect me.

So yes, I combined FX power kit with the Huma Duel port (slightly opened up and polished like mentioned above)

The way i adjusted the probe for accuracy:

With the gun cycled back fully, close the probe pin till it is flush with the magazine guides, secure and test magazine fitment. If all good then try a 5 shot group, then open the probe a 1/4 turn then secure and try another 5 shot group, I did this until i found the best grouping and consistent combination. obviously you will need to do the same if you change slug type or pellet.

This is only my findings, if anyone els would like to correct me, please feel free...we are here to learn.

Ahmed 

I have the Huma kit and the FX slug kit installed and saw the difference in both the .22 and .25. In the .22 700mm the Varmint Knockers 34gr are at 1025fps. When I first installed the huma kit versus stock, at roughly 160bar, 995fps then added the fx slug kit and speeds went up to @ 1000fps until i adjusted the pin probe and then 1025fps with consistency. There is more to gain but speed is not the only factor and have found this to be my sweet-spot.

When I switched to the .25 in 600mm with exact same settings was shooting the NSA 43.5gr at 975fps, again without tuning for this slug just like settings for like settings.

Small adjustments and lots of time and practice. Each kit by itself will work and can work together. If you look at the Huma website they even try to guide you on which kit to get based on what your specific needs are.

Next will be an external plenum for me to lower the reg pressure and gain more shots.