• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Royale leaks down to 130 bar then stops

Just noticed this today. Gun had leaked down to 130 bar. Went to fill it back up and heard a hissing noise. Sounds like it's coming from around air gauge. Tightened it a little, but it was already pretty snug. Tried soap and water but did not see any bubbles. Was afraid to put water over the air gauge since the plastic cover is cracked and basically falls off when the stock is removed. Wasn't sure if water could hurt it or not. Strange that the leak stops when it gets down to 130 bar and holds there. Any ideas on what to check? Air gauge, o-ring, regulator? Would like to fix it myself instead of sending it in. 

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a regulator issue to me. Your reg is probably set to 130b. That's why I think it's in that area. 
However, with a damaged gauge, it might be there as well. I'd call up to order, or check the availability, of a new gauge. If they have one, you've got nothing to lose by shooting the gauge with the soapy water. Then, at least you'll be able to rule it out or confirm the leak. 
Tom