FX reveals the "Crown" and the Smooth Twist "X" barrel system!

Hopefully it will be followed by a tube like the Streamline & Wildcat. Bottles are nice, but the tubes have more than enough cap for most of my shooting. I like the full shroud, I never have liked the looks of a fine rifle with a moderator hanging off the muzzle. Ruins the lines IMO. Yeah, that rifle in the Streamline package, I would definitely be in. I agree that FX really rocks.

Had the same thought as Tomico. When the Impact came out I thought, "If only they made that in a more classical rifle version". Now they have and it looks fantastic.
AA, HAM has a nice picture of the walnut stock. The barrel liners are only$99, so it is not unreasonable to have all four calibers with this rifle. And with the ability to adjust the regulator, valve and hammer spring, each caliber can be tuned to perfection! This may be the ultimate air rifle I've been looking for. I will be getting one fore sure. 

"Dirte"
"AirGunShooter"If the shroud will be full length on the finished product, then I would expect the shooting noise level to be comparable to the FX Independence with a full length shroud. I can say from personal experience, I have never shot, or been around any equivalent powered air rifle that is quieter than my .22 Independence. With that said, if the new Crown is even close to being this quiet, I would be very happy with that noise level.

From your avatar it looks like you are shooting a Royale. Compared to it the Independence is quieter? That would be nice. My .22 Royale is already very quiet.

Yes, that is my Royale .22 I was shooting in competition and while my Royale is quieter than many other rifles I see and hear at competitions, my .22 Independence is MUCH quieter when shot at similar power levels. Actually there is no comparison. 

Reactions: Dirte
DirteFor you guys that have the Impact (future Crown)...... Does changing barrels from one caliper to another take a lot of time to adjust? Just wondering if it takes a lot of bench shots and chrono work to do the one gun does all thing?

That's my only concern as well. I don't have alot of time as is and when I want to shoot i don't want to bother with having to change scope settings and all the adjustments for tuning. It would be WAY cheaper though for sure to have 1 high end gun with a .25 and .30 barrel than 2 separate high end guns with scopes.

I'm sure we all realize the interchangeable barrels can't be a drop in and shoot. I'd love the option of changing calibers without having to spend the $$$ for a different caliber airgun, as long as the gun is accurate. I applaud FX's innovation. Time will tell if the Crown can be full featured, flexible and accurate. 

The bad news is that I thought that I may be done with buying anymore airguns, but I may not be.... I'm not telling my wife anything. 

"KenSkylight"I was jesterday on the IWA (i live 150 Miles away :D ) and spoke to Fredrik

The ST is made by pressing the end of the barrel from the outside.
The STX is made bei pulling and pressing the barrel over the entire length also from the outside.
The STX is very simular to a poligon barrel.

Does that mean the new barrels are rifled over the whole length instead of just the last inch like the regular ST barrels? 

If it does mean that, I'd love to hear from FX what the thinking is behind the change. I know the LW polygon barrels are the latest fashion in certain circles but it would be great to see if FX's testing found a meaningful advantage over traditional rifling and their ST design.

I understand that the fine details of their research would be proprietary but some high level statements could only help sales (although it doesn't sound like they'll need the help given the positive reactions here).

Whether you are an FX fan or not, you have to appreciate what they do for the hobby in terms of driving innovation. I think of their approach as the "common sense model". I.e. They listen to what customers actually want and design guns to give it to them. It's much easier than convincing them that they want what you think they should have. 

While FX is being so generous... please release a version of the Wildcat with an HST adjuster and an action that accepts the higher capacity mags (and maybe a better factory shroud) without increasing the price too much. That would be close to my perfect air gun.