• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Regulator Dimple of Doom

Has anyone rebuilt their FX Impact regulator and kept the Delrin piston even after noticing the dreaded dimple from lowering under pressure? I have ordered an o-ring rebuild kit and the good idea is to wait to rebuild the regulator until I get a replacement piston (not ordered). The impatient idea is "it's fine, do it NOW". 

Will that tiny little dimple really effect the functioning of the regulator?

Thanks for your input!

If I remember correctly, the piston (or rod) has a hole through it that comes out the top. If that hole is blocked, or damaged, yes, it can effect the performance. The only way to know for sure is to go ahead and reassemble the gun, and test. Best to use a chrony to make sure it's consistent. If it's consistent, you should be good to go. If not, order the parts. FX sent me a complete regulator including the post, washers, and the two brass bits for about $40. I never used it because I got the old reg back together and didn't have the dreaded dimple of doom, so looks good for now. But for next time I do something stupid, I've got a backup regulator.