• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX Quality control

I just bought my 8th FX rifle, a Wildcat M3 Compact B. Nice gun if I ever get to shoot it. It was missing a pin that attaches the trigger to the connecting rod. Utah Airguns promptly put one in the mail to me. Two months ago, I discovered two missing O rings on the barrel liner. Two other rifles suffered infant mortality as well. I realize that FX is under a great deal of pressure to supply the demand for their products, but I would expect these niggling little defects should not happen. Your warranty costs will affect your bottom line more than you realize. Otherwise, I like your products.

Yeah I felt that pain with my Panthera unfortunately. FX has this part that is a hollowed out grub screw that captures a spring and a steel ball bearing. They use it in the trigger sear, as well as to provide the cocking lever detent which holds it back in the open position. When the lever is closed however there is nothing below it except the empty space behind the hammer.

Well, it decided to eject the bearing into the upper block with all the hammer and valve components. At one point it worked its way in front of the hammer, causing bad valve strikes. And eventually it ended up behind the hammer, causing a failure to cock the rifle. It's a terrible design and really dangerous where it is located. I'm really glad it didn't also eject the spring, I would have never found it. Fortunately I was able to fix it by hammering a ball end hex key over the end of it, to deform the edges and create a strong capture of the bearing.

When they design their next rifle, one engineer should be assigned to review all parts and try to reduce the parts count and eliminate these teeny-tiny parts that always roll under your workbench. It seems that Europeans love intricate designs.
So you've never worked on a 13xx crosman pistol. Think safety detent ball bearing. Oh and don't forget about the spring behind it.

While I understand issues happen, what bothers me about your story is, the pin for the trigger linkage was missing? So unless this thing disappeared in shipping (which I doubt), how did Utah test fire the rifle? They brag about their “free” service that is supposed to include a mild tune, as well as making sure everything on the rifle is operational. I struggle to see how that is possible if this trigger pin was missing.

While I understand issues happen, what bothers me about your story is, the pin for the trigger linkage was missing? So unless this thing disappeared in shipping (which I doubt), how did Utah test fire the rifle? They brag about their “free” service that is supposed to include a mild tune, as well as making sure everything on the rifle is operational. I struggle to see how that is possible if this trigger pin was missing.
Same story with Pyramid Air's 10 for $10 pre-sale checklist on my FX Crown. Leaked badly right out of the box. Just words.

• Wow
Reactions: madeintheuk
I just bought my 8th FX rifle, a Wildcat M3 Compact B. Nice gun if I ever get to shoot it. It was missing a pin that attaches the trigger to the connecting rod. Utah Airguns promptly put one in the mail to me. Two months ago, I discovered two missing O rings on the barrel liner. Two other rifles suffered infant mortality as well. I realize that FX is under a great deal of pressure to supply the demand for their products, but I would expect these niggling little defects should not happen. Your warranty costs will affect your bottom line more than you realize. Otherwise, I like your products.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 3 times .....well......

• Haha
Same story with Pyramid Air's 10 for $10 pre-sale checklist on my FX Crown. Leaked badly right out of the box. Just words.
I expect that out of pyramyd, they have done it to me with every rifle I’ve purchased from them (all of which have gone back for refunds).
Utah is supposed to be known for being a good dealer, and hands on. Again, mistakes happen, but for a rifle to show up unusable, I struggle to understand how it was ever shot in the first place.

I did ask them that question. They claimed it was tested, but there's no way.

I finally got it fixed. I had to make a special tool to insert this tiny pin. It's an interference fit with the mating clevis and needed a bit of persuasion. Took a lot of shots in the basement with different pellets and slugs. It likes the Tatsu 30 cal moderator but does not like the Tanto 22. As received, it shot JSB 18.1 at 900 fps. Very consistent and accurate. Reg set at 105. I tried JSB 25.4 with the same settings. Very accurate at 800 fps. Slugs? Meh, that's another day. I switched the barrel to the dual port and got 35 fps more. I think I'll leave it alone at this point. So far, I really like the gun.