• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Power Adjustment Wheel

I'm on my third FX with the power wheel. Bobcat .25 Gen1 with the updated stock and larger cylinder (this one had 3 power settings), Bobcat .25 MK2 (2 power settings) and now a Bobcat .22 MK2 (3 power settings). I was looking for a rifle that was about 12 ft/lbs for the birds in my small back yard but wanted the ability to raise the power as needed and after watching one of Ted's videos where he talks about hunting on low power I figured the .22 on low power would be good.

Accuracy is disgraceful on any mode but the highest. I've tried countless pellets and weights of various diameters and I can not get the .25 or the .22 on medium and low power to stack pellets at a measly 22 yards in no wind. It's hole in hole all day on high power. It's less accurate than my stock marauder. It's still within a 1 inch hole but for a rifle that costs so much that touts 'repeatable power settings' i'd expect 22 yards to be a non issue. Is anyone else having this problem? I am starting to regret my choice in brand.

Chrony strings are consistent. The .25 MK2 has about 2k pellets through it and the .22 has a little over 1k.

MOD EDIT: Moved to PCP Airguns

Hm, not sure what's going on, but on my FX Indy .22 I seem to get good results at medium power setting at 50 yards where good shooters achieve 1/2 inch group sizes (though only had a couple sessions at that distance). On my backyard range (measly 17 yards), groups are always very tight (ragged hole) on all power levels.

I've tried this with JSB 18.13, 15.89 and 13.43. All seem to work well. Recently got a tin of 14.35s - will be trying those as well soon.

Depending on pellet used, I get 30-32 FPE on highest power setting, 16-17 FPE on power 2, and 10-12 FPE on lowest setting.

I currently use power level 2 and 15.89s almost exclusively for backyard squirrels, and frankly, given the distance, even the 17 FPE seems to be an overkill (head shots are either pass through with plenty of energy wasted, or, if the shot is head on, pellets travel 4 inches inside the critter ruining a large portion of meat), which is why I was curious to try lighter pellets and lower power settings. 

One thing I'd suggest is hooking up a scope cam with slow mo to see if you have got some spiraling issues going on. I do vaguely recall that I was seeing some spiraling with 18.13s on the lowest power setting on occasion, but have not done extensive testing to say for sure. 

I have run through a chronograph many times and it is nice and consistent. For 15 shot strings, ES is usually about 6-10 on medium and low powers. around 4-5 on high power. This is a problem on all 3 FX rifles. Not just 1.

.25 - JSB Kings 25.4g

Power 2 - 913 FPS
Power 1 - 662 FPS

.22 - I have found the JSB 15.89g to be the most consistent on all powers so far. H&N are all over the place.

Power 3 - 951 FPS
Power 2 - 702 FPS
Power 1 - 548 FPS

I have not tried the CP 14.3's. Will give that a go.

I've got a .22 Bobcat Mk1 (no regulator, second stock design) and it groups really well on all power settings.
I shoot JSB Exact Jumbo heavies (18.13gr) JSB Exact Jumbo (15.89gr) and H&N Sport Barracuda (21.14gr) 
It's still stock standard albiet without a moderating shroud. (it has a carbon fibre cosmetic shroud)
High
Grains:15.89
Hi Vel:938
Low Vel:877
Ave Vel:918
Ext Spread:61
Std Dev:14
From approx 200 - 120 bar

Can't seem to find the other power setting Chrony results at the moment.

I have the Fx-400 in 22 cal. My unit is somewhat more accurate at the high power setting with 18.1 gr JSB,s. However the 15.9 gr JSB pellets consistently provide 50 yard groups of 1/2 inch or less. I use low power for English sparrows and starlings off the feeder out to 25 yards and at that distance with either 13.4 or 15.9 gr JSB pellets I get one ragged hole.
My scope is zeroed at 50 yards with the 15.9 gr at medium power which provides a 3 mildot holdover with the 18.1 gr at high power at 100 yards.