• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Panthera with drop-down front bottle adapter ST0060

Wanted to add more bottle volume to my Panthera but didn't like the look of the Panthera without the barrel guard. Saw Saber Tactical's Drop-down front bottle adapter and gave it a try. https://sabertacticalinc.com/products/fx-panthera-drop-down-adapter-st00xx. stainless steel electroplating was nice. Easy to install. Put a slim 300 bar 300cc bottle on the front for a total of 600cc. I didn't want anything too long like a 580 or a 700 cc because my Panthera is a 500. Maybe a 420 would be OK.

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4484.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

Nice mod that ST came up with, but I have to say, for some reason being lower and away from the block it just looks more prone to snapping off at the neck connection. Just my eyes is all. Maybe it’s the recent topics of bottles snapping off of guns I’ve been reading about lately.

Another opinion of mine and mine only, I think the aftermarket coming out with sleeves attaching to bottles to give one a bipod mount wasn’t a good idea. I’ve seen guys really apply that forward down pressure on bipods and common sense tells me that can’t be good for a bipod mounted on a bottle. Sometimes I wonder that during design, the bipod connection is last on the list and not much thought goes into that as the gun is being rushed out the door for sales demand. Thank goodness the aftermarket, folks like Saber Tactical and K&L, were able to design bipod support that looks like it came on the gun.

Nice mod that ST came up with, but I have to say, for some reason being lower and away from the block it just looks more prone to snapping off at the neck connection. Just my eyes is all. Maybe it’s the recent topics of bottles snapping off of guns I’ve been reading about lately.

Another opinion of mine and mine only, I think the aftermarket coming out with sleeves attaching to bottles to give one a bipod mount wasn’t a good idea. I’ve seen guys really apply that forward down pressure on bipods and common sense tells me that can’t be good for a bipod mounted on a bottle. Sometimes I wonder that during design, the bipod connection is last on the list and not much thought goes into that as the gun is being rushed out the door for sales demand. Thank goodness the aftermarket, folks like Saber Tactical and K&L, were able to design bipod support that looks like it came on the gun.
I see your point. but the bottle on the front has a smaller diameter then the rear, its fairly "skinny", this way, the barrel guard will still mount to the bipd.

Wanted to add more bottle volume to my Panthera but didn't like the look of the Panthera without the barrel guard. Saw Saber Tactical's Drop-down front bottle adapter and gave it a try. https://sabertacticalinc.com/products/fx-panthera-drop-down-adapter-st00xx. stainless steel electroplating was nice. Easy to install. Put a slim 300 bar 300cc bottle on the front for a total of 600cc. I didn't want anything too long like a 580 or a 700 cc because my Panthera is a 500. Maybe a 420 would be OK.

View attachment 371757

View attachment 371758

View attachment 371759
What brand bottle is that? And how much slimmer is it combared to a standard fx bottle?

Paul, I have not been up on the panthera, but I like that setup you got a lot. What kind of shot count do you get on a that setup? And what caliber is it?

Allen
Hi Allen, Haven't had time to see what the shot count is, I am shooting JSB .22 18.1, pellets. with the old 300cc bottle at 250 bar to 90 bar. i was getting 75-80 shots. at 870 fps. I will she what the shot count is.

Reactions: Healthservices
Hi Allen, Haven't had time to see what the shot count is, I am shooting JSB .22 18.1, pellets. with the old 300cc bottle at 250 bar to 90 bar. i was getting 75-80 shots. at 870 fps. I will she what the shot count is.
Paul that sounds like a whole lot of good shooting!

It could go to 300 bar if they were both 300 bar bottles?
Does filling to 300 bar actually give you that much more shots? I ask only because on my tiny compact uragan filling to 300 did not increase shot count by much, it only change POI for that 50 bar which was not worth it at least for that gun.

Allen