• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Optics 6-18x44 Review?

That scope is solid. Quality construction. Crisp accurate turrets. Vivid glass. Butter smooth Side focus. The only thing about it that I did not like was the "boring" mil dot reticle. No half dots or holdover windage "floating" aim points. If you like a standard mil dot, you would have no complaints.

You out can see the scope and reticle in the video I made rapid firing on flying pigeons a few years ago. (Spoiler: I got one - and it was a lucky shot :) )

Reactions: Randy
Or just make up your own system, ie using your own practical target size and distances as per your own circumstances. Mark your scope appropriately.

Such as (for a 2nd focal plane scope) 1 mil at 9x = 1 inch at 25 yards, or at 18x a mil = 2 inches at 100 yards or 1 inch at 50 yards or 1/2 inch at 25 yards.

When faced with a situation where quick shooting is critical, a simple reticle is beneficial because your brain can process the information quicker.