• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impacts

Well if you are one of the guys selling your used impact for 2000 so you can buy the new impact for 2200 don't be surprised at no responses, I mean c'mon man you wouldn't buy used for 2000 when new improved and upgraded is 200 more, sheesh guys

Agree totally. The value of the older things PROBABLY fall as the newer versions come out. ChRiSiS has a point, but only to a point. A buyer might move on completely from something he/she views as overpriced. But a buyer might also want something enough to pay a bit more. The exact same thing applies to the newest version of the thing in question. Some will be willing to step out and buy while others will say it's "too much" or "overpriced" or "not worth it" and move on. I've done both at times, and I've regretted both and enjoy the result of both. Like many things, all relative.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. There ain't anything which will retain 90 percent plus of its original value unless you're dealing in precious gems, metals etc. I agree if you're selling a USED airgun especially an FX stop and think about all the o-rings etc that will need to be checked upon receipt and stating lightly used means nothing cause used is used no matter if you put 5 pellets or 5000 pellets through it or like new. New means still in the original box, never opened or USED. Given it all I still wish everyone the best on their journey pursuing the latest and greatest. 👍

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. There ain't anything which will retain 90 percent plus of its original value unless you're dealing in precious gems, metals etc. I agree if you're selling a USED airgun especially an FX stop and think about all the o-rings etc that will need to be checked upon receipt and stating lightly used means nothing cause used is used no matter if you put 5 pellets or 5000 pellets through it or like new. New means still in the original box, never opened or USED. Given it all I still wish everyone the best on their journey pursuing the latest and greatest. 👍

Exactly. I'd also add any warranty coverage, time frame of such, and whether transferrable or not.

Also I would say any retailer that took orders on MK2 2weeks before MK3 come out are shady AF. Could have said "Just wait, can't tell you why but I would wait 2 weeks."

I second that. In the industry i work in if a customer is about to buy a product and I know the next generation is around the corner I will say to hold off if possible. 

And to top it all off. ALOT of FX guns going out right now have problems, multiple problems. MK2 and MK3 Producing them as fast as they can and when you receive a broken one well you can send it to get fixed and wait. Won't give you a replacement, it's YOUR broken gun , they'll fix but you will have to wait...again.

care to share data on that? Do you work at FX or a dealer getting bad ones back? Did you or someone you know got multiple broken guns? Once a while a bad one slips through the crack but no one bats 100 and their track record hasn’t been A LOT of broken guns. 

First, I agree it would is/would be pretty crappy for say @utahairguns to still take an order on an outdated model (at the same price as the new model coming in two weeks later). Trust me I would complain and not do business with the dealer again, if they at least didn't give me some store house credit.

One thing two on used guns. Another example of people "almost" asking new price is on Edguns which have been out a couple years like the Leyla 2.0 and Matador. Sorry, I won't pay $1600 for a 1 to 2 year old Leyla, when I get one for $1680.00 which is under full warranty.

Also I would say any retailer that took orders on MK2 2weeks before MK3 come out are shady AF. Could have said "Just wait, can't tell you why but I would wait 2 weeks." I would be really mad if I bought MK2 for same price as MK3 2 weeks before release.

In a perfect world, yes, but I think that this oversimplifies a complicated situation.

First off, I think that anyone who didn't have their head buried in the sand would have guessed that any new Impact would have dual regulators. So really the biggest revision to the gun should pretty much have been assumed by all.

Second, if a retailer had Mk2's available to sell and sold them I don't feel that they did so in any bad faith. The Mk2 has by no means become obsolete due to the release of the M3. Probably 90+% of Impact owners will be just fine with the already tight shot-to-shot consistency and the available power of the single regulator guns. And power still can be adjusted by using a hex key instead of a finger dial. Plus retailers need to sell whatever they have and can to stay solvent during these times of the limited availability/unavailability of so many products.

Finally, there is the apparent issue of promises made/promises broken regarding stocking inventory orders to the gun shops. I am not in the airgun industry in any way, but I do see plenty of guns where the estimated availability date gets revised from a specific date, to 'Overdue, check back.' So their getting a notification from FX that "these new guns are going to be launched and available in 2 weeks" was probably pretty meaningless.

So what about that customer who they told "just wait a couple of weeks"? Well, they maybe could have been happily shooting a Mk2. They like the changes to the M3 but don't see those as 'mandatory' to enjoy shooting an Impact. But now they have no Impact to shoot at all since the Mk2s are all sold, and the 6 M3's that the store got were sold out within 45 minutes of the launch announcement.

So I can't agree that it would have been 'shady AF' to have sold a gun to a customer who wanted it (likely after a lot of research on their part for such an expensive item) instead of telling them to maybe wait for something new which they may or may not consider to be significantly better, but has zero record of function/durability/dependability, and is of dubious availability. Plenty of folks will continue to love shooting their Mk2 Impacts. And of course there are others who continually put off buying anything thinking that the next model launch will make their previous purchase 'obsolete', and they don't ever get the joy of shooting anything at all.

It is real easy to armchair quarterback, but the choices available to the retailers are not as simple as we might superficially make them out to be.

Percentage value may also be tied to if a New product is introduced that in a given area is Not up-gradable....In the case of the New M3....in this case the new trigger housing has a switchable Cocking Lever, from right to left!....Equates New and Non-Up-gradable option. also additional gauge.....the larger Plenum might be aftermarket upgraded???