• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX IMPACT X POWER GAUGE

MAX - 5 - A - 4 - B - 3 - C - 2 - D - 1 - E - MIN

Working with one side of the wheel, either numbers or letters only, is like taking full steps up or down in hammer spring tension. Jumping from numbers to letters or vice-versa, is like taking half steps..........think of it as making a finer adjustment to hammer spring tension. Lets say going from 5 to 4 gave you a larger drop in velocity than you wanted, try position A on the wheel.......chances are it will be less of a drop in velocity.

So, 5 is less of a drop from MAX than A. And E is less of an increase from MIN than 1.

Hope this helps.

I haven't found it makes a great deal of difference to velocity, so it stays on max or Min.

There's a huge difference in hammer spring tension from MAX to MIN. If you're not getting a significant difference in velocity from those two settings, I'd say your gun isn't tuned properly.

Agreed. I've got my .22 shooting .18 gr's at 915 on 2 and 940 on MAX. I think it was in the mid 800's on MIN, but it's been a while since I've tested it on that setting.