• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact Specs: Questions and Answers

The quest for this information was catalyzed by the conversation in this thread. Some questions I took directly from the conversation. Some were my own.

Q: Will the Impact ship with a case?
A: Yes - all models ship with a hard case?

Q: Is the case the same for all models?
A:  No - the "Extreme" version will have a larger hard case - housing three ST barrels (.22, .25, .30), pellet probes, magazines, etc......as well as an arrow barrel and arrows. It is unknown right now if that package will include a scope. The normal version (one barrel) of the gun will include a smaller hard case, with two places for two barrels (so, the owner will have the ability to add one extra barrel to the package).

Q: Will the gun [block] fit into the hard cases with the scope attached?
A: Yes. A large rectangular cut-out will be pre-cut into the case, so almost any scope will fit. The scope will stay attached to the block (when broken down).

Q: Does the point of impact change when the gun is broken down and reassembled?
A: No - All tests have shown no measurable POI change. (I pressed FX on this, and they stood by their data - all current tests showed no POI change when using the same barrel. Obviously, POI shifts are likely if you are swapping different barrels).

Q: How does the barrel fit to the block?
A: The barrel slides down a series of o-rings, then locks into place with a half twist. Finally a set screw locks into a recess to ensure it does not "untwist".

Q: How do you adjust the power?
A:  There are three adjusters for tuning the rifle. The first is the hammer spring tension adjuster - it is a dial - located on the left side of the gun. It has 6 power levels. The second adjuster is located on the front of the block, above the bottle connection. It is a metered knob that controls the amount of time the valve stays open. Finally, the regulator is also adjustable (from the outside of the gun).

I'm curiouse as to the reliability of the gun. I'm sure it can perform, and well at that, (at least i hope) but for how long until something brakes, jams, or blows up. Don't get me wrong I love!! The features of the fx guns, and the barrels, Oh Boy! But I don't want to spend upwards of two grand on something that's just going to brakes all the time. PLEASE!! Some one assuage my disbelief in this gun, I WANT IT TO BE AMAZIN!! Very badly...

I’m curiouse as to the reliability of the gun. I’m sure it can perform, and well at that, (at least i hope) but for how long until something brakes, jams, or blows up. I know of the edgy semiauto gass/air return systems could be quite unpredictab. Don’t get me wrong I love!! The features of the fx guns, and the barrels, Oh Boy! But I don’t want to spend upwards of two grand on something that’s just going to brakes all the time. PLEASE!! Some one assuage my disbelief in this gun, I WANT IT TO BE AMAZIN!! Very badly…

MOD EDIT: PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CROSS POSTING THE SAME QUESTION ACROSS THE FORUM.

Ironfoopa,
There's a timeline for everything from when it's new to when it breaks in some way shape or form. 

If you're talking 10,000 rounds per month, it's probably going to "break", in some way, in a shorter timeline. if you're talking 50-100 shots per session and maybe a session a week (~5200 a year) your timeline will grow until the weapons first "break." 
The key is MAINTENANCE. A well maintained weapon, with a well disciplined owner, that pays attention to every detail, may never "break" because the owner finds and replaces worn out parts before they become an issue. 
Same thing with vehicles. A well maintained vehicle can last a long, long time. Whereas, one that never has any maintenance performed in any way will probably not last very long. 

So, it depends on you and how you treat your weapon. I can tell you first hand that FX rifles are exceptionally well made, I've owned a few of them and still do. They are among my best shooters. 

Jams... Same thing. How you treat your weapon is how your weapon will treat you. I was lucky enough to get one of the first Wildcats in the states. I've been shooting the hell out of it lately. Has it jammed? Yup! When it does, I investigate the issue and see if anything can be tweaked. If not, clean, check for any indicators (damage, badly worn areas, o-rings, mags...), lube and reassemble. If that doesn't work, repeat the process. I just recently ran into a series of jams with it. Looked it over, and found nothing wrong with the weapon. It was doing its job. The issue was me. I was doing something incorrectly that the weapon was not designed to do. I adjusted my ways and no more jams. 

Blow ups? That's a rare one in this sport. Usually that happens when people are doing things that the weapons were never intended for or experimenting and not double checking themselves. 

Keep in mind that the Impacts aren't out yet. So, talking about them at all is going to be nothing but speculation. Ya gotta wait, man! :)

Happy shooting

I really appreciate the feed back, thank you!! And yes maintanance was on one side of my brain as to the long jevity of a machine. Your inpoot upon the tedious nature one must have towards the condition of an air rifle is most helpfull. and I surly do look forward to the thousands of words I will be lusting over in reviews, in direction of the impact. Surtanly fits and fills my bill for an all type of situation air gun. Thanks again Tom for the words.