• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Impact realistic max speed

I’ ve been away from airguns for a while now I have the itching again! 😄 ok! I have a 1st Gen Impact in 25cal, what’s the max speed i can get out of my set up. It has a power plenum kit, 700mm superior barrel with the Huma high glow dual transfer port and Huma probe. When I installed the PP kit I left the old spring to get a bit more speed, I’m not a sucker for power, i prefer accuracy over velocity but I would like to know what’s the max speed I can push the NSA 34g slugs. Thanks for your input!

Renz

That is some serious punch right there! i don’t think I can achieve that speed adding 15-20 psi on my reg. Wow 1018fps with the 36.2g! How is your shoot count?

Renz

Seems like it was in the was in the mid to higher 60 shot range, with my 580cc tank, if memory serves. I recently installed a 500mm .22 barrel, to the gun, as I ordered an M3 and it will be my long range gun now. Almost sorry I changed to the .22 so soon I really enjoyed the .25.

I added a brass shim, to the hammer spring, which gave a little bit more weight to the hammer and drilled out my valve seat to 6.1mm. Also oval ported the barrel and probe and added a lighter valve spring, outside of the Polish plenum I installed, sort of like the Gen2 guns. I was a bit conservative on the mods so I would not have problems later on.