FX Impact Problems(Non Quality Checked)

"GQ"FX Impact is not for someone who does not like fine tuning and high maintenance.
I compare it to a Formula One racing car.
But when you learn and you are in complete control....Nothing can be compared to this PCP on the market yet.
Even formula one racing cars have a certain base quality to them. Do they come with scratches dents and scuffs from the factory like my impact did or are they clean? Basically people don't buy high end cars and expect them to drive like crap and look like it's used. They expect it to be flawless, uniform, and what your paying for. Not have some good cars and some bad cars that they got lazy in production with. Anyways I just think the fx impact was not what I was expecting. Take the wildcat I sold on the classified section for this gun. Flawwwwlesss! My buyer reports one ragged hole at 50 yards. Besides the handprints from me picking it up, the gun was so brand new looking. This impact looks used or just bad worksmanship. Or how about the 2-4 inch group I got at 50 yards? I would be mad if a car that advertised to have an acceleration to 60 in 4.2 seconds was test driven and found to be 12 seconds. Well this is kindve what I am dealing with. 

"GQ"You just got a lemon.
Mine came in perfect conditions and so far i have shot 5000 pellets out of it.
50 to 100 yards and it shoot groups like i never did.
I have dissaasmble it completely just to understand the infeneering.
Fantastic engeneering with demanding maintenance.
Again, I repeat, this is not a PCP for eceryone.
Refards
GQ
Yeah probably. Welp it's my baby now. Going to have to turn lemon to lemonade haha.

The Impact and the Crown is on my to buy list but man I keep hearing that people are having all kinds of problems with the Impact and i am starting to think twice about purchasing one. I had one guy tell me that he sold his Impact and bought an Ataman M2R. I think what is going on here is the fact that FX are putting out tooooo many of these and naturally the quality goes out the window as with any mass produced item. I do hope that FX fixes the problems and in the next few months they step up the quality control on these rifles, for the price you would expect a rifle with no issues. 

I think i am just gonna stick to my Marauder for now : ).......lol

Ok, I've had my Impact since December 30th of 2016. When it arrived it had some issues with accuracy and consistency, the barrel was stuck, i had some clipping in the factory end caps that they put on. I called Kevin immediately and told him of the issue still gave it a few days before sending the barrel and the stackable LCD's back (I too believe they re-sell guns that have been given back). Long story short, i sent the barrel back twice and the whole gun back once, and then they mailed be a new gauge which they forgot to look at. They finally replaced the barrel and sent it back (Saturday), i will replace the gage for being 50-60 bar off. I've put over 1500 rounds thru it over the last 3 days and i've had some amazing groups 1 MOA at 50, 75, and 100 yards (5-8 consecutive shots) and i've had some pretty mediocre groups at the same distance 3 or even 4 MOA. I've run the Kings, MKI's, and MKII's thru all the power wheel settings Valve spring left alone at 4 lines showing, even bump the regulator up from 140 to 150 to see what that would do to group size and consistency only to return it back down to 140 bar on the regulator. Haven't put the scope came on it to check for flyers but i believe all in all the gun is going to end up being a 2 MOA (consistent) gun at best and i'm happy with that. I still have to say i love it with all of it's faults (she even shoots the first 3-5 shots after a re-fill at various speed changes, so i just dry fire it 3 times before shooting). Then she will turn around and stick 4 shots in the same hole at 50 yards then send 2 shots over a inch off in any given direction. Guess it the nature of the sport (especially if you don't size and weight and clean and lube your pellets). So what i say to you, keep the faith, the Impact is a love it or leave it kinda of gun. Oh i don't even shoot at 25 yards because it will literally produce 1/2 inch groups all day, and its too much gun for that distance for me (40 FPE at the muzzle and still over 20 FPE @100 yards).

"Ginuwine1969"Ok, I've had my Impact since December 30th of 2016. When it arrived it had some issues with accuracy and consistency, the barrel was stuck, i had some clipping in the factory end caps that they put on. I called Kevin immediately and told him of the issue still gave it a few days before sending the barrel and the stackable LCD's back (I too believe they re-sell guns that have been given back). Long story short, i sent the barrel back twice and the whole gun back once, and then they mailed be a new gauge which they forgot to look at. They finally replaced the barrel and sent it back (Saturday), i will replace the gage for being 50-60 bar off. I've put over 1500 rounds thru it over the last 3 days and i've had some amazing groups 1 MOA at 50, 75, and 100 yards (5-8 consecutive shots) and i've had some pretty mediocre groups at the same distance 3 or even 4 MOA. I've run the Kings, MKI's, and MKII's thru all the power wheel settings Valve spring left alone at 4 lines showing, even bump the regulator up from 140 to 150 to see what that would do to group size and consistency only to return it back down to 140 bar on the regulator. Haven't put the scope came on it to check for flyers but i believe all in all the gun is going to end up being a 2 MOA (consistent) gun at best and i'm happy with that. I still have to say i love it with all of it's faults (she even shoots the first 3-5 shots after a re-fill at various speed changes, so i just dry fire it 3 times before shooting). Then she will turn around and stick 4 shots in the same hole at 50 yards then send 2 shots over a inch off in any given direction. Guess it the nature of the sport (especially if you don't size and weight and clean and lube your pellets). So what i say to you, keep the faith, the Impact is a love it or leave it kinda of gun.
I was kinda hoping that this would be my last gun in the PCP realm for at least 2-4 years, before they release "the next best thing." Maybe a FX Impact Mk 2. Or perhaps a gun I could keep a lifetime and maintain. I want it to shoot accurately and feel like there should not be any sort of quality diminishment at this price point. You should not accept low performance from your 2000$ gun. Instead, get it fixed, tuned, or looked at. 3-4 MOA is a tad much for that gun. Just accepting the faults is what make people sheep, it turns corporations into farming systems only after your money, instead of an individual's satisfaction. I bought the impact ready to see all the faults but this does not mean im going to just accept them. Instead, I try my best to get the best out of the gun or worst case scenario...i do not know at the moment.

I'll just let you guys know how the gun is, when it gets back. Let us pray. Pray that it shoots better than the 1.5MOA wildcat, the gun i started pcp airgunning with. An amazing 1300$ gun. Now thats the Fx im looking for!

"Ginuwine1969"So many people are quick to jump on the gun being the issue with accuracy, if it where so easy to shoot an MOA at any distance then everyone would be doing it. I know first hand that the impact can have issues that's why I have no issue talking my time to get the best out of it as I can.
Sure it is easy to shoot 2-3 MOA groups. You just make sure you have a benchrest or even a bipod. This takes away most of the human error out of the gun. The rest is either environmental or condition of the gun. As for whether we should expect a group like that from a 2000$ gun? Yeah probably in my opinion. Look at powder burners for example. They advertise sub MOA groups on some brands of rifles. Now fx doesn't blantantly advertise that I think. What accuracy should we expect from the impact then?

"BayStYat"
"GQ"There is no reason not to be able to shoot consistent sub moa groups from 50 yards with an Impact.
It is all about fine tuning and that take time, understanding and faith.
Serious question. Why go through all that when other guns do it right out the box with far less factory issues?
I dont compare to any other brand.
I am talking about the Impact. 
Regards
GQ

MOA at 50 yards is .5 inches center to center, I think it is achievable of course, but not every time, not even 50% of the time. If someone where to shot 5 groups of 5 (to be generous) think only 1 groups would fall into sub MOA an 2 may be 1 MOA. I remember a member put up the dime challenge and no one responded posting hitting ten dimes on one target and a dime is bigger than a MOA at 50 yards. But guess a picture is worth a thousand words. I know I've got 4 Airguns and can't do 10 shots and ten dimes at 50 yards, I can do it at 25, but that dime is now almost 3 MOA 😉

Yeah I don't think people expected to tinker with it to shoot "well." I'd say 2 moa is well in my book. People are paying extra for the customization but that very customizability and adjustability is the impacts downfall. Too many variables to keep track of. Regulator pressure, air reservoir pressure, power wheel/hammer spring adjustment, valve adjustment knob, exchangeable barrel for caliber held by a single set screw and a 1-2 mm notch, and not to mention all the customization of the rails for bipod(which isn't even on the end of the gun for stability but in the middle) and scope. Normal guns like the royale and wildcat only need to worry about reservoir pressure. So we're talking about a gun where we are worrying about 6x more variable. I bet that the impacts like to be tuned before sending out as setting all of those 6 things into harmony takes a lot of time and money. Some ship out stock and untouched and shoot great while many others don't. Just my theory. Maybe it's just hard to find a balance between that or maybe it's just the demand is too high and fx has to get sloppy and fast to meet their quota. I waited one and half years for them to fix everything. Maybe they need more time.

"travels4fun"If, in the rare event you get the rifle back from AOA and are still unhappy, ship it off to Ernest Rowe so he can work his magic. He knows the Impact inside and out and does fine work.

Good luck FukoMan!
Ha ha ha. I am trying to keep in contact with him(by both email and pming) but it seems like he has no time to reply. I'm sure a man with his skills and expertise does not have enough time for me. I guess I'll wait a month to see if he is less busy or if you guys know anyone else that tunes impacts. We shall see what aoa does too. May not even need to get a tune. I'll be 80% happy if it shoots good. 20-30% care about the looks. 

"FukoChan"
"travels4fun"If, in the rare event you get the rifle back from AOA and are still unhappy, ship it off to Ernest Rowe so he can work his magic. He knows the Impact inside and out and does fine work.

Good luck FukoMan!
Ha ha ha. I am trying to keep in contact with him(by both email and pming) but it seems like he has no time to reply. I'm sure a man with his skills and expertise does not have enough time for me. I guess I'll wait a month to see if he is less busy or if you guys know anyone else that tunes impacts. We shall see what aoa does too. May not even need to get a tune. I'll be 80% happy if it shoots good. 20-30% care about the looks.
My Impact was received by AoA on 7/7 and they called me on 7/11 to say that it was repaired and they also shipped it back to me that same day. UPS says I'll have it back on Monday, 7/17. The whole process will have taken me just 2 weeks for round trip shipping and repair work. Nice!

"douger"fucochan there is no way they would sell you a used gun and for the probe screw you need to check it every time you gout to shoot it, you should of surely seen this or at least felt something wrong when cocking the rifle maybe the impact just isn't for you
So its normal for the pellet probe to get loose every 4 mags!? When it becomes loose i can't load another pellet in the chamber. I have a feeling AOA will get everything fixed but not be accurate with the .30 when i need to change caliber.