• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact or not

I am kicking around the idea of getting a FX Impact 25 Cal. Right now I am running a Cricket it's a laser at 50yds and not bad out to 100yd.

I have never held\shot\ or even seen an Impact, I just like the way they look and the functionality of them. Just looking to the people who have had both or thoughts on the option.

I don't shoot competition just plinking and hunting mostly hunting...

I own a .25 impact for about a year now and can honestly say i love mine. I have the smooth twist barrel not the x. I have it tuned to shoot the 34gr heavy's at around 865 currently and 1/2 inch groups at 50yrds is standard even in 5 to 10 mile an hour wind.Its a well balanced gun to shoulder and shoot and well built IMO.This is a 5shot group at 58yrds with bipod and rear bag just to show whats its capable of.
1537209298_8408199085b9ff3d204d515.89589966_12321.jpg

I also have a .25 Impact. Incredible gun, fantastic trigger and the rest.

Have to ask, why do you want one? I tinker and the accessible regulator, power knob and valve adjuster really appealed plus the accuracy is great.

That "why do you want one?" is really the key to the question. If the Cricket just isn't doing it for you, then by all means, but if the cricket is doing it, or you want something incrementally better, maybe it's not the best choice. Only you can answer that question!

I also have a .25 Impact. Incredible gun, fantastic trigger and the rest.

Have to ask, why do you want one? I tinker and the accessible regulator, power knob and valve adjuster really appealed plus the accuracy is great.

That "why do you want one?" is really the key to the question. If the Cricket just isn't doing it for you, then by all means, but if the cricket is doing it, or you want something incrementally better, maybe it's not the best choice. Only you can answer that question!

What he said ... Exactly !! And yes I also love my .25 Impact(St barrel) shoots "lights out" up to 75 yards which is my limit of yardage. Also tuned to shoot those Jsb 33.95 heavies mid 800s.

Hi. Im from south africa but currently in the usa. Im planning on getting myself a FX Impact x but i have a few questions. 

* how much wil one cost with all its trimings and propper scope?

* will i be able to take it on a plane to south afrika flying via denver- london- cape town

* prices on all the calliber's with everyting i need to change calliber.

Thank you. Retailers welcom to come with offers including all the reqiurd stuff i would need

Hi. Im from south africa but currently in the usa. Im planning on getting myself a FX Impact x but i have a few questions. 

* how much wil one cost with all its trimings and propper scope?

* will i be able to take it on a plane to south afrika flying via denver- london- cape town

* prices on all the calliber's with everyting i need to change calliber.

Thank you. Retailers welcom to come with offers including all the reqiurd stuff i would need

boella, contact matt dubber from air arma south africa, he will know how you can transport your item from the U.S. to south africa.

If your not into all the adjustments and bells and whistles on the impact I would look elsewhere,I had one in.22 and .30 and while it did perform well and the quality was top notch it was way over kill for the hunting and plinking I was doing ....as someone else mentioned try the wildcat,I have one from the first shipment to the states and it has performed flawlessly .

On changing calibers, nice in theory, bur really doesn't work. Change barrel or liner in the new X guns, and you still need to re-zero and chrony the gun for best accuracy. In my case, I thought .25 and a .30 would be great on one gun, but, too much work to switch out. I put a new X barrel on the gun, and that took time to zero and with everything else going on, just haven't had time to finish.

Most of us will setup the gun and leave it because it's about shooting, not setting up. To me, $500 to switch calibers is a bit much anyway ($400 for the barrel and probe, $80 for the magazine)

I just wish the Dreamline would come out. Then you could really customize