• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact MKII using AVS slugs...WOW!!!

Probably a good year ago or so, AVS Stephen sent me some slugs to test as he was trying to get off the ground with offering up swaged slugs. I tried them in my .25 Marauder at the time with little success to report, so I set them aside for a day I might purchase a better gun to try them in.

Well, today I was testing some NSA 33.5gr slugs in my .25 Impact equipped with a 600mm Superior liner, which did a little better at grouping, and was more consistent than my NOE cast slugs I'm still working with. I decided to also try the .254 30gr HP cup base AVS slugs i had stashed away. Man-O-man what a pleasant surprise I got. At 970 FPS these are absolute lasers and pack a big punch. The groups are the best I've seen with slugs so far in the Impact. They just drill 5-shot holes. It was very gusty with an approaching storm coming, but the AVS slugs didn't care. I checked the power performance on a 50 yard resettable spinner made for a .22lr. It takes a lot of power to reset the rusty steel target with the other four spinners sitting on the main reset bar, and I didn't think these would be able to. To my surprise, they not only reset it, but did it with plenty of power to spare.

These shoot so well that I immediately ordered more in 34gr from AVS as they have a better BC near .100. I've got another notch or two on the power wheel, plus I can turn the gun up more if needed for the slightly heavier weight.

While I am still working with my cast and have been able to explode old tangerines at 75 yards, These AVS slugs will be with me for game collection as I know these are spot on and consistent.

No groups to display as I shot them on an existing target and have to save the few remaining for now, but just visualize one small ragged hole over and over. Very pleased and will be trying more AVS slugs in my .30 cal 700mm slug A liner as well.