• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Impact MKII Compact .25

I have the 25 Compact as well. A quick search, and you would have found the thread that I posted a few days ago on someone else's thread about approaching a tune. To answer your question, yes, open the valve at the front to line 4. This opening of the valve removes the valve from closing too fast as a variable. Start by placing the power wheel on max and turning in the preload on the hammer screw. You should get above 900 pretty quick even if you're at a low Bar. I'm at 135 Bar, and I'm sending the kings at 970 on max hammer wheel. This tune gives me 945 FPS with 26.9 grain NSA slugs shooting a very tight group at 50 yards, though I'm only getting one magazine worth of shots with the small bottle. When I want to shoot Hades/Kings, I turn my power wheel down to 1 or 2 and shoot them around 920 and get about two mags worth. I hope you purchased a ton of pellets. You're going to need time, air, and ammo to tune correctly.

I would shoot it first before messing with anything. Think there maybe a break in period. Besides that, it may shoot great the way it is.

Agree, just shoot i first, get familiar with the gun and if you don't like it follow video posted above, no other way around, every gun (gauges) are different so whatever works on my gun may not work on yours. Good luck.

B

I shot it this morning and it was shooting 880. Was windy so hard to tell accuracy. I jacked up the reg pressure to looks like 125 on the gauge. Adjusted the hammer spring fine adjuster maybe a full turn. Now shooting 25 kings at High 930 , low 924 & average of 927 45 shots. The last two was at 924 & 921. So looks like 45 regulated shots on a 250 bar fill. I would of been happy with 40. Here is 50 shots I just shot in 10 mph crosswind, as fast as I could load & pull the trigger at 50 yards scope set on 7 power. Was about 30 out, I am sure on a still day when I get warm should be easy to keep them in a Nickle or less. I am happy with it so far, does have a hard trigger pull compared to most of other air rifle i have owned. Thanks for all the input. 

20210219_135252_resized.1613763815.jpg
20210219_141225_resized.1613763815.jpg

Hi to All -

I’ve been shooting a Uragan but bought an FX Impact X Compact in .25 caliber with a 580cc carbon fiber bottle.

I’m planning to install a Huma two port transfer port that comes with a modified pellet probe. I’d also like to install a slug power kit that has an adjustable pellet probe.

I’d appreciate some help with some questions:

- Is there any particular issue with installing parts from both kits?

- Considering that, with buying the two kits there are redundant parts, will it be better to use the modified pellet probe or the adjustable pin probe?

- I’ve seen someone say that I’ll no longer be able to use my power wheel but I’m not sure this makes sense. Any comment?

Thanks!

Griswald

I’d skip the huma port and go for Ernest Rowe dual sided port. The tp is a beast. I have it along with the slug kit on my .25 cal 700 mm mk2 impact. I have full use of my power wheel with no issues. My reg is set around 115 bar and smokes the nsa 26.8 gr slugs at just under 1000 FPS. Flip the barrel 180 degrees and use the other small port of the transfer port, turn the power wheel to min and load in the 27.2 gr pellets I cast and they are at 880 FPS. Couple clicks of windage adjustment is all that’s needed to be back on target.

Reactions: monstr2
Hi dannya1a -

I bought Ernest’s transfer port as well. I’m glad to hear from you because I was trying to decide whether to use the Huma tp or Ernest’s mod and you answered that question.

That’s great performance at 115 bar - to push the NSAs at almost 1,000 fps and is what I’m looking for. But, with only a 500 mm barrel, I’m guessing that I won’t see quite that level of performance, but it should still be great. I’m assuming that you’re using the adjustable pin probe that came with he slug power kit? Have you ever been tempted to try the modified pellet probe that typically comes with the Huma kit? Just wondering whether one would be significantly different from the other performance-wise. Think I’ll have to experiment with this.

What is the orientation of the low side pin hole on Ernest’s modded tp when you get the 1,000 FPS? Being able to flip it and get 880 fps with a low power wheel setting is also nice and I’ll bet gives you a much higher pellet count.

How is grouping?

Thanks for answering!

on the Ernest Rowe tp the orientation is 180 degrees from small port to monster wide open port. if i recall the Ernest port is bigger then the huma unit and it also has the center bridge so as not to allow slugs to drop into the port opening.

My accuracy has only been tested at short range. I figure if i cant get them to stack at 30 yards then they won't have a chance at greater distances. I can definitely stack at 30 yards no issue.

yes its hard to imagine that i can stack slug on slug at 30 yards. but i can. once this crazy weather breaks i may be able to get 50-100 yard accuracy testing done.